Media mistakes

I wasn't watching but, the first one I could do within the 30s. For some reason I couldn't do the second one quickly. It's obvious it can be done, and when I eventually solved it, it was really easy. My excuse, I'm out of practise.

I wasn't watching but, the first one I could do within the 30s.
The mistake they made was making up 25 as 5x5, and not realising there was a 25 in plain sight!

For some reason I couldn't do the second one quickly.
If you go down the divisible-by-6 route, it might take some time to spot that 88 = 100 - 25 + 2 + 4 + 7

I think the divisible-by-4 route is quicker: 132 = 100 + 25 + 7

The mistake they made was making up 25 as 5x5, and not realising there was a 25 in plain sight!

If you go down the divisible-by-6 route, it might take some time to spot that 88 = 100 - 25 + 2 + 4 + 7

I think the divisible-by-4 route is quicker: 132 = 100 + 25 + 7
or that 88 is 100/25x2x(4+7)

From the Independent online this morning:

"according to a US war think wank." The mind boggles!

:roflmao:

Last one today: 75 100 3 9 7 10, target 799

The contestants didn't get it, and initially Rachel said she could get one away. Then after extra time she came up with a convoluted solution, and then at the very end admitted there would be people shouting at their TV screens!!

(75+7-3)x10+9

Took me longer than 30s (well out of practice), and my solution is different to yours.
(100-7x3)x10+9

Perhaps the same sort of people who were in charge at the Post Office.
Well million sounds a bit like billion doesn't it?

Oh, and according to Drakeford a similar scheme has been successful in Spain, which raises a number of questions:

1. Who decided what "success" looks like? (Drakeford, I presume)
2. Has this "success" been cherry-picked from a greater number of failures?
3. Are the Spanish actually adhering to the speed limit???

Seen on the ticker, for two hours+, on GMB (ITV1):
"Rishi Sunak has survived off a Conservative rebellion after his Rwanda bill passed last night with a majority"

"Survived off"? Just "survived" or "fought off" might be better English.

Or perhaps 'staved' and the auto-correct didn't know that word.
That was the word I originally thought of. Auto-correct can be useful, along with auto-complete, especially when trying to type on mobile devices (with one finger, dammit!). They do produce some howlers. "Staved" - my auto-correct keeps changing it's mind what to put, but "survived" wasn't one of the options.

Back