Unencrypt - FTP and Rsync & CPU usage.

Umpa

Hi guys, I would like my Humax to decrypt my videos, and I want to set a backup job via rsync or plain old FTP from my Humax to my Qnap NAS (the Qnap can do this). This may sound daft, but my project is to record the news (every episode) and have the Qnap (move rather than copy) the files from my Humax hard drive. Then in the years to come, I can see what the news was on this day 10 years ago kind of thing, I know its daft but.........

I have been reading the forum and have so far done this.
Installed :-
unencrypt
rsync
BootHDR
betaftpd

I have enabled DNLA sharing, and am using the built in FTP server having not gotten round to disabling it and using the betaftpd.

I have edited the cron job to enable auto decryption of my entire video files, and changed it to work every 30 mins because I have 300 episodes to decrypt.

Most of my programs are is SD, and I don't seem to be able to use the decrypt function on them from the GUI but I have with HD and been able to FTP them to my MAC.

So thats the background info, my question is -

1) Will the unencrypt job decrypt SD content on the Hard drive as well as HD content to allow a Rsync or FTP backup of files.

2) Although I know it will be a slow process, what will happen with the unencrypt job running all the time ? I don't intend to use the Humax for anything other than to record programs via the guide, decrypt them, and send them to a NAS, I wont be watching TV via the box as it were and wont be making on the fly recordings. This is purely an archive project. Will the CPU overload and burn out or something ?

Thanks in advance

Ump..

If you are using an HDR-FOX you don't need BootHDR, but if you are using an HD-FOX you will not be able to do what you want. BootHDR is a utility specifically for the HD-FOX to imbue it with some of the abilities of an HDR-FOX.

Have you installed auto-unprotect? I presume so because otherwise unencrypt would not work on HiDef recordings. I don't know why StDef are not decrypting, they should.

Don't worry about the load, the box can take it!

If you are new to all this it is worth familiarising yourself with the content linked in my signature panel.

1) Will the unencrypt job decrypt SD content on the Hard drive as well as HD content to allow a Rsync or FTP backup of files.
2) Although I know it will be a slow process, what will happen with the unencrypt job running all the time ? .

1) There is a flow chart for Decrypting or files HERE, Note the 'Icons' required for each stage
2) The Humax is more than capable of running unencrypt continuously

Thanx Guys,

Yes Auto unprotect is installed, and after leaving it alone I can see it is slowly but surly decrypting my files they have the green dec at the side of them. I have a good feeling about this :)

cheers

Ump..

Back