[sweeper] Custom rules to manage recordings

If we could do this then we probably would not need Newk which does a small part of this.
I would like to be able to remove "New:" etc. from existing file names.

As I reported in another thread Hummy.tv/forum/threads/recursive-auto-dedup.5206/ #6 something, somewhere has recently changed so that underscores are no longer inserted into file names instead of spaces.

I used to be able to record episodes and copy them to the appropriate folder in my archive. If they already existed then copy would do nothing. Now they have a slightly different file name, with spaces instead of underscores and I get duplicates.

In the absence of identifying exactly what has changed to cause this, a sweeper instruction to replace underscores with spaces (or vice versa) would be very useful. I could run it over my archive, as a one off, to get the titling consistent.

If we could do this then we probably would not need Newk which does a small part of this.
Not quite - newk works on schedule entries, not recordings.

I would like to be able to remove "New:" etc. from existing file names.

Me too... I'll look at adding a search and replace action. With the way that Sweeper currently works though, it might not be as effective as people hope.

@4ndy, I can write a small diagnostic to do this for you as a one-off, or write a sample script that you could modify to fit your needs. The problem is that the Humax software does use _ for replacing things like colons in the filename so it might not be straightforward!

Thanks af123, That would be useful. I would only want to run it over archives of series, and these would include very few special characters.

By far the majority of the recordings in question have the underscore instead of spaces. If whatever has changed to stop these being inserted (dedup?) was changed back, that would elimate my problem of unique file names. It may be something else like the broadcast data or firmware that has changed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hello,
Sorry if this has been covered before.
I've been recording the Simpsons for a while. I'm using sweeper and depud to make sure I only keep new ones.
This was working well, but now for what ever reason the naming by depud is working slightly differently and therefore keeping doubles.
Before it_would_use _underscores_instead_of_spaces. Now its not using underscores and a full stop has been removed from after the series number.

So I went through yesterday and deleted all the older ones. Is there anything I can do to get the same naming scheme? I really don't think channel 4 has changed there info, but I think something has changed either in depud(webif) or sweeper.

It would be best if I could just rename the old ones like the new ones. I guess I could use a bulk renaming program if the Hummy not up for it; any recommendations?
Anyhow just a confirmation that this is what's happening would be great. I been loosing disk space and couldn't work it out, the other thing I missed was the change to recursive tags for shrink, I needed to update the tag to be recursive when before it was happy working this way.

As ever thank you for any advise and thank you all the great work.:)

Can't wait for the ability to remove/replace underscores, sweeper on a folder really gets in a tizzy with file-names containing _.

I'm currently renaming them manually.

I am not looking forward to changing all my sweeper rules based on lcn numbers after the channel reshuffle on 3rd Sept if I decide to rescan, which I probably will.

Do you record a lot of stuff from kids and news channels then?

I mainly use sweeper for parental control, and have put on restrictions / locks on recordings . I lock certain content from the kids channels and find sweeper is just the ticket to control what is being recorded/watched. Sweeper is also excellent for locking content recorded after the watershed.

As for recording news channels? I never thought about that, if I have time I might record the news one day, but by the time I get to watch it ... it would be old news!!

One of my HDRs is dedicated to recording news bulletins and weather forecasts on auto-expire, so I can always get the latest info on demand.

Who says?!!

I have enough HDRs that one can be used for the purpose if I want, and it's a test bed for recording from multiple regions (daily recordings of 6pm national BBC news, plus BBC West, BBC Wales, and ITV West local bulletins). Besides, I can browse the forum at the same time as the news is on...

Maybe you think owning five HDRs and three HDs is "sad" too - are you an enthusiast in anything yourself?

Who says?!!

I have enough HDRs that one can be used for the purpose if I want, and it's a test bed for recording from multiple regions (daily recordings of 6pm national BBC news, plus BBC West, BBC Wales, and ITV West local bulletins). Besides, I can browse the forum at the same time as the news is on...

Maybe you think owning five HDRs and three HDs is "sad" too - are you an enthusiast in anything yourself?

The curse of internet communications. "A bit sad" was meant to be light hearted, at least I thought it obviously was. Sorry if I've given offence, none was intended.

I dunno, given the content of the News these days, I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch it, let alone record it...

But having five HDRs makes lots of sense - I only have 4, so I need to buck up

:)

'Click' on BBC News?

Alternatively you can record 'Click' from its BBC Two weekday morning showing, which I prefer because then you can watch it without having the distracting rolling news banner across the bottom of the picture which the BBC News channel displays.

Not only that: the BBC2 broadcast doesn't generally get bumped when there is something "newsworthy".

Alternatively you can record 'Click' from its BBC Two weekday morning showing, which I prefer because then you can watch it without having the distracting rolling news banner across the bottom of the picture which the BBC News channel displays.
Recording schedule changed to 10:35 on Monday mornings!

Back