What we Know so Far . . .

I've encountered another problem with our 2000T which didn't occur with either the 9300T or the Fox T2, and I'd be very interested to see if yours is the same. TV and 2000T on standby, 2000T is set to record a couple of hours in the future. Once it has started recording I switch on the TV and find that it can't see the 2000T at all, so I can't watch anything via the other tuner or watch a previously recorded programme. Connection is via HDMI.

This problem has been widely reported on the HDR-Fox T2, While recording the fox T2 sometimes fails to complete HDMI handshaking (connection to a TV via SCART is unaffected), This only happens with certain TVs, with Sony and Samsung being the ones that cause most of the problems. Later versions of Fox-T2 firmware went some way to reduce this problem

Ah. Mine was a later Fox T2, but it's a Sony TV I have (and Samsung BD player).

Sounds like I'd better get on to Humax with a view to seeing if it can be sorted in the first firmware upgrade.

Ah. Mine was a later Fox T2, but it's a Sony TV I have (and Samsung BD player).

Sounds like I'd better get on to Humax with a view to seeing if it can be sorted in the first firmware upgrade.
Perhaps you should also get on to Sony.

Re posts #268 and #269 (wi-fi dongles) -
I fully endorse the recommendation elsewhere in the forum for the Edimax EW-7711Uan adapter - £11.90 with free delivery on Amazon.
The addition of the rotatable antenna and the short hardwire USB cable means it can be fitted at the back of the machine into a small space if the 2000T is in a cupboard or TV unit (as mine is).
Once accessed from the Menu as described on Page 9 of the User’s Manual, it was straightforward to set up (with a simple 0000 password in my case).
However, I also had to select "Connect to LAN" - which acquires a suffix of "(WiFi)" - to apply the DHCP entries - the User’s Manual doesn’t mention this.
Nevertheless, with better features and for almost less than half the Humax price, with the Tenda W311U currently unavailable on Amazon (with a minimum spend of £10 anyway), you can't do better.

I have updated the 'Differences' list in #1 of this thread to highlight the lack of Hi-Def DLNA streaming and Custom Firmware on the 2000T, if anyone spots any errors, please post them here

I neglected to compare the epg scroll speed with an HDR-FOX T2.
OK, 9 months later and I've compared the 2000T's epg navigation speed with the HDR-FOX T2's 1.02.20 and 1.03.12.
It is remarkably similar to the 1.02.20 and so it is no wonder that the 2000T navigation has been repeatedly reported as OK.
I was suprised how similar the timings were between the 2000T and the HDR-FOX T2's 1.02.20.

I will be buying a 2000T for my mother in law soon so I will be interested to see how it compares too. I will take my HDR remote over with me and see if bookmarks can still be added.

Keeping my fingers crossed that a custom FW may be available one day as I have now just got into that with my HDR and wonderd why I didnt do it sooner :D

I will take my HDR remote over with me and see if bookmarks can still be added.
For the HDR-2000T the only function that the HDR-FOX T2's remote adds for the WIDE button. Bookmarks are not addable or usable on the HDR-2000T even with the HDR-FOX T2's remote. On recordings that originate from the FOX T2s bookmarks can be viewed but as nothing can be done with them I cannot think of a use.

For the HDR-2000T the only function that the HDR-FOX T2's remote adds for the WIDE button. Bookmarks are not addable or usable on the HDR-2000T even with the HDR-FOX T2's remote. On recordings that originate from the FOX T2s bookmarks can be viewed but as nothing can be done with them I cannot think of a use.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I have changed this post to show the known differences between the HDR-Fox T2 and the HDR-2000T, I don't presently own a 2000T
There is now an additional difference between the HDR-2000T and the HD-FOX T2. On the HDR-2000T the Humax portal now links to iPlayer version 4 instead of the old one the HDR-FOX T2 (1.03.xx) takes you to. For the HDR-2000T this means no iPlayer radio, fewer favourites, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32, x64 and x128 fast forward and rewind, and probably longer iPlayer support.

You don't really need the Radio/TV button on either the HDR-FOX T2 or the HDR-2000T. If you press OK to get the channel list displayed you can then use the left and right buttons to select the channel group, and one of them is Radio. While on the epg use the blue button to change group. Or an alternative is to set up a favourite group with both TV and Radio channels. And no, the HDR-FOX T2 remote's Radio/TV button does not opperate the 2000T.

Currently the FOX T2's remote WIDE button only changes the 2000T's setting when set up for a widescreen TV, as the 2000T 4:3 display format is for all practical purposes stuck on Auto.

The WIDE button is the only remote functionality that the HDR-FOX T2's remote has over the HDR-2000T's.
The HDR-FOX T2's remote's Radio/TV button is now operable with the HDR-2000T's new software.
(Slow motion, bookmarks, V-format, and sleep still remain off the cards.)

Hello - I'm new to this forum and have just acquired a HDR-2000t and while attempting to and failing to find a custom firmware (after having used the custom firmware for the HDR-FOX T2) - I came across this thread - I'm not a programmer/developer so I wouldn't kno what to look for - but having installed the software upodate to 1.01.06 after downloading from the Humax website (I have the exact address if anybody wants it (You'll find it in the support section!) - the forum will not allow me to post it - if you need it - let me know how to get the URL to you) - can somebody please examine it and give any light on whether a custom firmware can be built from this or made compatible with the custom firmware from the HDR-FOX T2?

Apologies if somebody has already found this update, but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere on the forum...

@Ezra Pound - when I did update my box - I noticed that the light on the front of the box was a third colour (So you may want to update your differences list) - while updating it was fading purple on and off.

There is a discussion about this on the forum somewhere (I can't locate it just now). There's no custom firmware currently for the HDR-2000T. Apparently the software contains more security measures than the HDR-FOX and it is not as easy to crack. I think af123 alluded to the fact that it might be possible to circumvent these measures, but he doesn't have a HDR-2000T (well he didn't when he posted) and the necessary time to investigate. I am paraphrasing from memory, so I hope af123 will forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick.

Back