TV portal can't connect!

Correct Martin. They should, but they don't. Chris has explained exactly what happens in the real work. Especially if the poster is 'new to all this'.

General information: BBC iPlayer has now ceased support for pre-1.03.xx firmware.

Photo%2018-09-2014%2009%2022%2021.jpg

The portal started working again (for me at least, but I guess for all). BBC iPlayer gives the above shown banner, of course.

The portal has indeed started working again, but it is of limited use, as neither iPlayer nor YouTube (displays lists of items, but the video and audio won't play) work.
Internet radio works, though. All this proves my original point that Humax pulled the plug on boxes running older versions of the software. Frankly, I don't know why they bothered restoring the portal. In consequence, I shall not be purchasing a new PVR, preferring instead to use my laptop connected to the telly via a HDMI cable. I would urge all who can to emulate this plan.

Hoorah! It seems that humax have fixed something. Youtube is playing videos again! Only small issue is that there are no images beside the text of the videos. Thank you humax, better late than never!!!

I have two Humax HD-FOX T2s. Having worked perfectly with BBC iPlayer for years, when I try to access it now they both return the message "Sorry we do not support your device".

The software version is KZTFT 1.02.29, Loader version L7.27, Update date 05-Jul-2012.

This REALLY upsets me (and my wife even more so). Is there a fix for this or is it planned obsolescence?

If you have read through this topic you will be aware that a work-around is possible, if inconvenient.

If you have read through this topic you will be aware that a work-around is possible, if inconvenient.
I guess you mean
The Humax TV Portal server has malfunctioned for HD-FOX and HDR-FOX running standard firmware 1.02.xx (whether you also have custom firmware or not). This can be side-stepped by using the portal-xtra1 custom firmware package, which provides direct access to the portal apps without going through the Humax server.
Thanks. Sadly this doesn't really clear things up for me much. What is "the portal-xtra1 custom firmware package". where can I find it, how do I install it and does it break anything?

Sorry to be so dense, I am not ungrateful, I would just like to be able to use my HD-FOX T2 to access BBC iPlayer as it used to :(

No, this:
The BBC are dropping iPlayer support for firmware 1.02.xx (specifically the web browser service contained within it) imminently... There is no 1.03.xx firmware for HD-FOX, so the only work-around will be to use custom firmware facilities to boot the HD-FOX into "HDR Mode" running HDR-FOX 1.03.xx firmware, for iPlayer and decryption purposes only.

The guide to HDR Mode is HERE (click), item 7.

Youtube has stopped working, again! All videos now say "Cannot support this video due to invalid format."
This is strange as the videos have been working until today. Maybe they are fixing everything at Humax HQ?

All Humax T2 boxes lost the portal Youtube service on Friday (all reported can't support this video format). Was fixed by the following day.

EDIT

Another day another problem - Youtube is now bust again on T2 devices. You now just get a continous loading that never completes.

Last edited:
All Humax T2 boxes lost the portal Youtube service on Friday (all reported can't support this video format). Was fixed by the following day.

EDIT

Another day another problem - Youtube is now bust again on T2 devices. You now just get a continous loading that never completes.
YouTube is currently working OK for me on a HDR-FOX T2 box.

Emailed Humax support yesterday about BBC iPlayer and the Portal and they just emailed me back with this response, which seems encouraging:

"Currently due to the changes at BBC regarding the support on various versions of iPlayer the HD-FOX T2 does not have a version that is still supported. This is currently under review on our side and we are awaiting confirmation and a schedule as to when we can upgrade iPlayer; this will also update the browser used on the product and support the later version of the TV Portal. Hopefully we will have some more information in the coming weeks with a fix date as to when an update will be available."

Emailed Humax support yesterday about BBC iPlayer and the Portal and they just emailed me back with this response, which seems encouraging:

"Currently due to the changes at BBC regarding the support on various versions of iPlayer the HD-FOX T2 does not have a version that is still supported. This is currently under review on our side and we are awaiting confirmation and a schedule as to when we can upgrade iPlayer; this will also update the browser used on the product and support the later version of the TV Portal. Hopefully we will have some more information in the coming weeks with a fix date as to when an update will be available."

Good to see that the Humax support UK team are still hopefull nine weeks after the following was reported.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/tv-portal-stopped-working/page/8#post-32031
mickmac93 said:
Dear Mick ,
Currently due to the changes at BBC regarding the support on various version of iPlayer the HD-FOX T2 does not have a version that is still supported. This is currently under review on our side and we are awaiting confirmation and a schedule as to when we can upgrade iPlayer; this will also update the browser used on the product and support the later version of the TV Portal. Hopefully we will have some more information in the coming weeks with a fixed date as to when an update will be available.
Best Regards,
Thomas
Humax Customer Support

Last edited:
Back