HDR Fox T2 and T1000 in same room?

Is this the Neet kit? There are some critical reviews of that. I expect people plugged it directly into their LAN.

So, what is the point of these? If I play back recordings that are on servers or on my Panasonic recorder, they play fine over my LAN, even over Powerline and WiFi. Is the point of these that they get over the encryption/HDCP problems, because they appear at both ends to be compliant HDMI cables?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, my units aren't the Neet ones. They appear to be unbranded, however, I have seen others on Amazon and eBay that look the same. I have no complaints.

So, what is the point of these?
The point is to send video direct from an HDMI source to a distant display, no media accessing required. With these proper network adapters rather than cable adapters, with the possibility of multiple receivers, information displays in multiple distributed locations can be fed from the same source.

I have found a demonstration video on YT that might help. It is not the best production in the world, but it does get the point across. It demonstrates a single HDMI source connected to two displays via a switch. Watch out as the intro music is loud! FWIW. The units he is using look identical to mine.

Now you have me more interested! That second output on my matrix is looking like it may have a use after all...

Neet or Ne-et?

If you learned to say Ethernet from reading it before you ever heard somebody else say it, it is not unreasonable to use a soft e. For the same reason I pronounce it wifi instead of the American conventional wyfy.

I wonder whether this kit will also run over wireless/powerline once launched into the home network? I guess it should, but interruptions in the burst transfer might be a problem of there is not sufficient buffering in the receiver unit.

Last edited:
I think that it is a great combination. The 6x2 matrix I use has been rock solid from day 1. Both my HDRs, Chromecast and ROKU3 are connected to the inputs with my two TVs connected to the outputs. Obviously one TVis connected via the HDMI over ethernet link. The TOSlink carries the sound that is on output 1.

The only MINOR niggle is that if SWMBO is watching a recording in one room, and I then change the input to the other TV, both TV's have to negotiate the link again. This only happens the once, but I did get shouted at as I did it at a crucial moment in her televisual experience!

I thought my 4x2 was good enough, but I still find myself occasionally sharing an input - and now there is a use for another output...

My slave HD-FOXes could become redundant.

My previous matrix, a 4x2 was a tad troublesome in that it would cause sound drop outs on the remote TV with the occasional blank screen too. Non of that with the 'new' 6x2 matrix. The 6x2 unit has an audio out option selection button. IIRC I can choose from 2ch, 5.1 or 7.1. I have it set to 2ch. Perhaps this was the issue with the 4x2 as that unit did not have the option to set the sound out.

I bought the pair of HDMI over catx gadgets and already have them packed ready for returning. I got no signal at all at the receiving end, using gigabit lan and powerline 500 and hell will freeze over long before I run a lan cable over that distance.

Great disappointment. :-(

Can you take the powerline adapters out of the equation? It might be an incompatibility issue with them. No good for you in the long run (no pun intended) but just for curiosity sake.

Can you take the powerline adapters out of the equation? It might be an incompatibility issue with them. No good for you in the long run (no pun intended) but just for curiosity sake.
The cable run would need to go through the wall and then round a chimney stack, over or round an extension and then through the wall again. No thanks! Given that these are supposed to be ip compatible, I am very disappointed. Ah well!

Sorry to hear that. My setup is straight forward. I have a direct Cat5e cable from the sender unit to the receiver unit.

It is a shame it doesn't work for you. I wonder if there are different units available that use a different protocol that will pass through the Powerline adapters? Still, that's a bit 'poke-and-hope'.

Last edited:
Powerline and wireless are bound to add delays to the datapath. Maybe the receiver is unable to keep the data in sync under those circumstances.

Back