Web-if Media browser broken?

ajh

Since the last 7-10 days the media browser in web-if will not display more than one file in a directory (it will list all directories OK). Also there is no 'OPT' button on that file so you cannot do anything with it and the buttons at the bottom of the page do not appear.

If I browse "/media" (which contains only directories) then the page completes with some buttons and a "Rendered in x.xxx seconds" message, however is there is a file in the directory (e.g. "My Video" or "virtual") then the page seems to end at the "SD" logo of the first file.

I have tried in 2 browsers (firefox 37.0.1 including clearing the cache, and I installed chromium 41.0.2272.76) running on Linux Mint.

Web interface version: 1.2.2-5
Custom firmware version: 3.02 (build 2295)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

I would upload a screen dump but I cant get it to work ("There was a problem uploading your file.").

Can you see if there are any errors in the webif-error log file (from the diagnostics page)?

Can you see if there are any errors in the webif-error log file (from the diagnostics page)?
This is a bit weird but I just rebooted the humax and the web-if error log grows by 14 lines every time I browse the media:

Code:
14  at file "/mod/webif/lib/system.class", line 167
13  in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 261
12  at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 65
11  in procedure 'ts dlnaloc' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 48
10  in procedure '<reference.<ts_____>.00000000000000000008>' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 235
9  in procedure 'entry' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 335
8  /mod/webif/lib/system.class<colon>167: Error: no such table: tblresource
7  at file "/mod/webif/lib/system.class", line 167
6  in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 261
5  at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 65
4  in procedure 'ts dlnaloc' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 48
3  in procedure '<reference.<ts_____>.00000000000000000008>' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 235
2  in procedure 'entry' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 335
1  /mod/webif/lib/system.class<colon>167: Error: no such table: tblresource

However if I clear the web-if error log then it remains at zero bytes when I browse the media again.
(I have had to edit lines 1 and 8 as it wont let me post 'links' as I have less than 10 posts)

It looks like you have a DLNA database file on your local disk but it is broken in some way.
Can you try resetting the DLNA database? If you go to Diagnostics->DLNA is will take you through the reset process.

It looks like you have a DLNA database file on your local disk but it is broken in some way.
Can you try resetting the DLNA database? If you go to Diagnostics->DLNA is will take you through the reset process.
Well I have never used DLNA (there were no files indexed) & resetting the DLNA database didnt solve the problem.
However...
If I enabled DLNA on the Humax & let it index files then media browsing works OK.
If I disable DLNA with indexed files then media browsing still works OK.
And
If I reset the DLNA database (so no files are indexed) then the problem comes back.

You need DLNA enabled (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Sharing = On) in order for auto-decryption to work, whether you have used it or not.

Yes, but you shouldn't need it enabled just to be able to browse a folder in WebIf. It's a bug - assuming a table exists when it doesn't and without catching the error.

A friend recenrtly reported an "Opt button disappearing issue" but it went away as he hacked around.

He definitely had disabled DNLA at one point, since he also noted losing the ability to decrypt. Presumably he then turned DNLA back on, and the original problem went away too.

Yes, but you shouldn't need it enabled just to be able to browse a folder in WebIf. It's a bug - assuming a table exists when it doesn't and without catching the error.
I agree with that; I was just explaining that the poster probably does use DLNA even if he doesn't realise it.

Well for info I have auto-unprotect to remove the protect flag on HD recordings and copy files to a virtual USB drive (/media/virtual) to decrypt them before downloading to PC via the web-if (OPT+ button).
I have always had DLNA disabled and nothing in the DLNA index.

Currently if there is nothing in the DLNA index then I get the problem with Media browsing.
If I enable DLNA for a few seconds before disabling it then I get a few files indexed and media browsing works OK.
I did notice when I indexed everything that it displayed a DLNA icon in the media browser so it is probably this dlna lookup that is causing the problem when there is nothing in the DLNA index.

Web interface version: 1.2.2-6
Custom firmware version: 3.02 (build 2295)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

Well for info I have auto-unprotect to remove the protect flag on HD recordings and copy files to a virtual USB drive (/media/virtual) to decrypt them before downloading to PC via the web-if (OPT+ button).
Do you have some attraction to doing things the hard way? Even if you don't want to decrypt routinely, the OPT+ download button can decrypt on the fly if you turn on DLNA. That will result in the downloaded recording having an index number for a file name instead of the recording title, but it saves a copy to USB.

Alternatively (again with DLNA turned on), use the OPT+ decrypt operation to decrypt in place, the download the result (this preserves the file name).

Either of these can be done completely from the WebIF, no switching between SUI and WebIF.

If you are worried about the Humax DLNA conflicting with other DLNA services on your network and potentially crashing your HDR, we have a cure for that.

Back