How to search EPG for all movies in the future

Swifty

My Foxsat HDR developed a terminal fault (stuck on one channel, neither remote nor device buttons work, no video/audio sent to the TV, power off and reboot didn't help) so I've bought an HDR-1000S/1Tb. I'm struggling with the EPG.

In the Foxsat, I'd press the blue button to search the EPG, select the "Movies" genre, and then run the search. I'd get a list of up to 250 movies which would be on my TV channels inside the following week or two. I'd set the Foxsat to record the ones that look interesting.

Can I do something similar with the HDR-1000S? If I use the "Search" button, then I have to enter at least the first three letters of what I'm searching for. I can't find a way to search for all future movies that the EPG knows about.

The epg on both boxes is only 7 days so there is no way of finding anything other than the next 7 days. There's no equivalent on a freetime box, but you can set the epg to display Movies using the list button and the genre Movies. It's pretty useless though as it just displays the 24/7 movie only channels.

I thought the EPG in the FoxSat was poor, and couldn't get worse. Now I know how wrong I was... Thanks for confirming my fears.

Out of interest, is there any online TV guide that would allow me to scan the Freesat channels for films in the next week (or two, if possible)? Even better would be a site that provides a simple API for accessing the programme data. Of course, this would eliminate the advertisements, so I doubt any of the guides would have any incentive to do this.

I can always fall back on the TV guide in my wife's Saturday Times, but this seems a retrograde step.

I thought the EPG in the FoxSat was poor, and couldn't get worse. Now I know how wrong I was... Thanks for confirming my fears.

Out of interest, is there any online TV guide that would allow me to scan the Freesat channels for films in the next week (or two, if possible)? Even better would be a site that provides a simple API for accessing the programme data. Of course, this would eliminate the advertisements, so I doubt any of the guides would have any incentive to do this.

I can always fall back on the TV guide in my wife's Saturday Times, but this seems a retrograde step.

By sheer coincidence I did have Google search for this, I also checked the Freesat App. Sadly the epg search capability is the same as on the box. You could contact freesat (The UI on the freetime boxes is down to Freesat and the limitations on the Foxsat-hdr are also down to the data transmitted by Freesat on the G1 epg) . I don't have much hope :eek:. Some of the design decisions beggar belief (The inconsistent sort order in series folders for instance). You should have looked for a working second hand Foxsat-HDR and installed the Custom Firmware add on and it's Web Interface (It transforms the box). To be fair the new box does have some advantages, superior picture qualities and the ability to replay content from other kit you have recordings on.

Back