Weird recording data (19/01/2038 3:14~3:14)

Sometimes I try to record a programme but it shows in the schedule as: date 19/01/2038, time o3:14 - 03:14.
This is nothing to do with clashing with other recordings.
I had this problem earlier in the year, and posted about it, but the problem went away when I removed the customised firmware. However, I never discovered for certain why it should happen (does anyone know if it is definitely the firmware?), and it suits me to have the customised firmware loaded.

I really would like to know what causes this, if any knows.

The date equates to the number 0x7FFFFFFF or 2147483647 which is the maximum representable with a signed 32 bit number.
No idea why it happens for you though.

However, I never discovered for certain why it should happen (does anyone know if it is definitely the firmware?), and it suits me to have the customised firmware loaded.
By "firmware", you presumably mean the custom firmware.

If what you are seeing is the result of using the normal Humax TV menus (what I call the SUI - Standard User Interface) to view the TV guide and select an item for recording, which is then viewed in the recording schedule via Guide >> Schedule (yellow), it cannot have anything to do with the CF whatsoever.

Thanks. The only reason I thought it might be a consequence of the CF load was that the problem only occurred while the CF was on board.
For the moment I am using a laptop to set up recordings using the CF, which works fine, although it's a bit less convenient.

Thanks. The only reason I thought it might be a consequence of the CF load was that the problem only occurred while the CF was on board.
If you mean it always (or frequently, repeatably) occurred with the CF loaded, and never without the CF loaded, over several trials, then I would say there is something to investigate. If, on the other hand, an occurrence happened coincidentally with the CF loaded, but you did not stress-test either of the circumstances, then I would say it is just that - coincidental.

Correlation does not demonstrate causality, and a vague correlation definitely doesn't. Which is not to say it disproves it either, but without a mechanism it's hard to see how they could be related.

Fair comment, Black Hole. It may be only certain channels that are affected, in which case I could put up with using the PC to manipulate those few programmes. If it's completely random, and since this used not to occur at all, it may be that I should consider a replacement STB.

So far it looks as though I'm the only user with this problem, since the thread hasn't produced any "I get this, too" remarks.

It's a pain to test it rigorously because of the time it takes. Even so, I must set aside some time soon to check this out if only to satisfy my curiosity. :)

I get this too! Ok, a couple of years later on. It only seems to happen on certain channels (BBC1HD, ITVHD). Haven't identified the full list of what works and what doesn't work. If I schedule a recording using the web interface it is fine.
Anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

Back