VLC on iPad Crashes HD-FOX

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Weird one this, and I'm filing it here for want of a better category.

I have discovered that I can use VLC on iPad to access a decrypted recording from my "news server" HDR-FOX by FTP. This is handy because I am currently running a HD-FOX in the bedroom without automount, so I am reliant on the remote recordings having been DLNA-indexed, which does not happen for some time (post-decryption). So I use the iPad to catch up on the regional news on Breakfast for both Wales and West, because I can't watch both at the same time and I am probably distracted with emails and forum anyway.

On both occasions that I have tried it, exiting VLC on the iPad has coincided with an immediately subsequent crash and reboot of the HD-FOX! How the heck does that work?

Obviously the HD-FOX has a different IP address from the HDR-FOX I was accessing from iPad/VLC. The iPad is on my WiFi network, the HD-FOX and HDR-FOX are on my HomePlug network - which is the only point of commonality that I can think of. I can see no evidence that any of my HDR-FOXes crashed at the same time.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Happened again today (100% record). I guess I will have to use Wire Shark or something to find out what's going on.

Back