File access to my new HDR1100S

Kevin Roche

Is it possible to access the files on my new HDR1100S receiver?
I see on the forums that on some older boxes you can install samba but I have no idea how I would get access to do that. Anyone out there know how? Is that the best option?

The aim is to be able to watch downloaded TV via other machines around the house.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Is it possible to access the files on my new HDR1100S receiver?
I see on the forums that on some older boxes you can install samba but I have no idea how I would get access to do that. Anyone out there know how? Is that the best option?

The aim is to be able to watch downloaded TV via other machines around the house.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Sadly the answer is no to both questions. Recording partition is LUKS encrypted and the expected DLNA server never arrived. You can watch content from other kit has it has media player and dlna client capability. You need the older Foxsat-HDR with custom firmware to do what you want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Unified_Key_Setup

You are talking about customisations that have proved possible for HD-FOX T2, HDR-FOX T2, FOXSAT-HD, and FOXSAT-HDR. No method for customisation has been found for other Humax receivers or recorders, whether satellite or terrestrial, and the speculation is that security has been tightened on more recent units.

Even if it were possible to install network file sharing, you would also be reliant on the files being available in unencrypted form. Exploits have been found to achieve that with FOXSAT and HDR-FOX, and it's tricky but can be done on HD-FOX. Other than that: no.

Back