Backup/Restore Scheduled Recordings/Events - bouquets

LDW

I just want to call down blessings on the head of whoever invented the backup/restore process (af123?).

After today's retune, for the first time ever I have NOT had laboriously to go through the EPG reprogramming all my forward bookings.

Hooray and thank you. Bouquets to you.

I'll go along with that, Restored Schedule (Correctly re-finding Yesterday, Dave and Al-Jazera) and favorites list

My Favourite list prior to retune and restore was in numerical order with just the channels I am interested in. Post retune etc. Yesterday and Dave have changed numbers but not their position on the list. Not a problem, just an observation!

Been busy today, but not seen the retune nag yet (I'm running .20 on my HDRs and .27 on my HD).

Is the restore option supposed to work with the HD-FOX T2 ? I tried it with mine for the first time today, and it did not seem to work.

The scheduled recordings showed up correctly via the webif, but not via "Guide > Yellow".

Is the restore option supposed to work with the HD-FOX T2 ? I tried it with mine for the first time today, and it did not seem to work.

The scheduled recordings showed up correctly via the webif, but not via "Guide > Yellow".
It works for me.

That's odd. They will only show up in the pending list until you reboot but then they should move into the main one and appear in Guide->Yellow.

I may have done something wrong, having just updated it to 1.02.29 and CF 2.12, I may have tried to back up, perform a retune, and restore the schedule before reconnecting the HDD. Would this be likely to cause this problem?

Restore worked a treat for me too - fantastic utility.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a remote retune (on an HDR running .20)? My folks are away for a while, presumably any recordings scheduled on channels which have moved frequency will fail until a retune is done. I've got access to the box via rs and if necessary could schedule it to wake up for a period during the day (so could access webif via VPN), but I don't recall seeing anywhere in webif where I could trigger a retune. The only alternative would be to spend three hours in the car to get there and back!

I may have done something wrong, having just updated it to 1.02.29 and CF 2.12, I may have tried to back up, perform a retune, and restore the schedule before reconnecting the HDD. Would this be likely to cause this problem?

Very probably, but you shouldn't have been able to do a schedule restore without the disk attached.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a remote retune (on an HDR running .20)?

Sorry, no. It would be technically possible but nobody has implemented it.
Most recordings should continue to be fine though. Very few things have changed MUX, just cosmetic and number changes in the main.

Very probably, but you shouldn't have been able to do a schedule restore without the disk attached.
I will try again after next month's retune, when I won't need to have the HDD unplugged.
The Restore worked fine on my HDR boxes.:)

Sorry, no. It would be technically possible but nobody has implemented it.
Most recordings should continue to be fine though. Very few things have changed MUX, just cosmetic and number changes in the main.
Thanks for the quick reply, good to know the effects are minor.

I agree the restore utility is great if only I had remembered it necessary after a retune :oops:

Now the OH has added some recordings back and added new ones so I am in a bit of a pickle! Is there a way of viewing one of the stored backups so I can check what is missing? I guess my alternative would be to copy what's on the schedule (screen shot of webif) now, do a restore and add anything missing after the restore?

On a side note of thanks, I managed to have control of the PVR myself briefly whilst my daughter watched Waterloo Rd on laptop using VLC. Something only possible with customisation offered here (HD recording).

Is there a way of viewing one of the stored backups so I can check what is missing?

You can look at the raw backup file and work out what's there from that. The backups are on the disk under /mod/var/backup/ and you can access them either using the file editor in the web interface diagnostics or, if you use the betaftp package then logging in as root (instead of HumaxFTP) with the system PIN (default 0000) will give you access to the whole filesystem.

I will look at adding a backup viewer to the web interface too.

I guess my alternative would be to copy what's on the schedule (screen shot of webif) now, do a restore and add anything missing after the restore?

That would work too.

Me too could not view file using web if.

I tried with betaftp and could only see folders for music, pics and video but I have never used ftp before so I am sure it is just a user error! did login as user root though.

Also tried the restore from backup and most of the schedules came up against channels like 836 instead of the normal HD , it has added some schedules where there was no 800 channel. Might just tell OH to add them manually - she might accidentally miss adding some of the dross back :rolleyes:

Well managed to get to view backup file by putting an ftp app on my Nexus (andFTP) and using Astro file manager to view the transferred file. Thanks for the directions pointing me down this path :)

Back