[CFW 3.00] Customised Firmware version 3.00 released.

Several people have told you how to go about resolving things or at least start finding the cause (you already said it doesn't crash if you unplug the LAN, so there's your obvious starting point). You just refuse to do so and have "thrown your toys out of the pram". This is pathetic. It's a fact. I only state what I see and I see you whining on without giving any detail, asking for help and then rebuffing people's attempts. Like I said, what DO you expect?
And then you have the temerity to complain about my manners when you don't have any yourself?
So Brian, do your worst... I'm sure Mike0001 will complain about gross abuse or some other such trumped-up rubbish... Go on, you know you want to...

Well, no solution was forthcoming. It was unusable.
You have said that it doesn't crash with the LAN disconnected but, as far as I can see, you have never tried the troubleshooting step of disconnecting other devices from your LAN to determine which one is upsetting the Humax, or to rule out interaction.

Edit: Didn't see Prpr's post over the page!

As Mike has binned the offending device for whatever reason, isn't it time that this slanging match is also consigned to the bin?

I quite agree.

Plus, I disconnected everything else from my LAN and it still crashed. How many times do I have to say this?

NOTHING HAD CHANGED ON MY NETWORK!!!

With network-shares-automount I was able to network between the two hummy hdrs'. Even with CF 3.0.

Changing the ssid settings on the router I now have set up the two hdrs on a separate ssid to the whole network. Now however I can only access shares from the hummy on smb not nfs . With the hummy on a separate ssid I can't access webif.

Is this a firewall /router problem. If you suggest putting the hummy back on the original ssid then I will, maybe, tomorrow.

1.02.32. WiFi network in use at present.

I wondered if router settings on for example CF 2.20 and CF 3.0 be significant. For example if having multiple ssid CF2.2 work OK but with the firewall and CF 3.0 multiple ssids be problematic?

It turns out the problem (silly mistake) was that after setting up the new ssid, the HDR had DHCP set on. Previously I had each IP address set manual. Reinstalled CF 3.0, set Configure IP to manual and networking now o.k.

I reinstalled 1.02.32 official firmware and then 1.02.32 CF 2.20. Then back to 3.0 and the only problem was one of my own doing (i.e. having DHCP on).

All seems to be working fine.

Regarding the firewall in cf3.0 could there be more info on it in the wiki. A simple guide explaining what (if any) settings need to be set on it or is that for another thread?

It's not exactly a firewall.. it provides the ability to ignore Ethernet packets from specific IP addresses so that (for example) a NAS with a conflicting version of Twonky can be isolated from the Humax to stop the Humax crashing. The packet filtering should not do anything unless explicitly set up.

It's not exactly a firewall.. it provides the ability to ignore Ethernet packets from specific IP addresses.
You're right that it defaults to doing nothing (allowing all traffic) but it is a pucker stateful layer-4 firewall. It knows nothing about Ethernet or whatever Layer-2 protocol is involved which could be WiFi (802.11) just as easily as Ethernet (802.3).

I added it to CFW3.00 with the idea of writing a twonky-protect package or similar that could be used to stop the Humax crashing in the presence of certain media servers on the network, without having to block all communication with it*. It's also a feature that has been requested in the past by people who take the security of their home network seriously.
See http://www.netfilter.org/ for more details.

* - I haven't managed to replicate the interaction problem yet with mine, but I haven't had a lot of time to test.

Hi all

Having upgraded to CFW 3.0, I have noticed that some of the Settings on/off options are truncated, e.g. Web Interface, Advanced, Disable OTA and Redring.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Hi all

Having upgraded to CFW 3.0, I have noticed that some of the Settings on/off options are truncated, e.g. Web Interface, Advanced, Disable OTA and Redring.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
It's not just you, it was reported in this very thread in post #85.

I think the truncated on/off settings must be the WebIf update not the CFW as I have the same and I have not updated to 3.00 yet. I found that pressing Ctrl-F5 would sort it for a particular set of settings (Firefox or Chrome on a PC) so presumably clearing the browser cache would solve it properly.

I think the truncated on/off settings must be the WebIf update not the CFW as I have the same and I have not updated to 3.00 yet. I found that pressing Ctrl-F5 would sort it for a particular set of settings (Firefox or Chrome on a PC) so presumably clearing the browser cache would solve it properly.

Clearing the cached images & files isn't working with Chrome. Ctrl+F5 in one settings pane corrects them for that one pane, but breaks it on panes where it was previously working.

Odd. When they are working there is specific element style in the html to set the width correctly, but when they are not working there is specific element style to set the width to something else which is too narrow (like 10px, 13px or even 0px for the different parts that make up the slider vs 83px, 53px, 33px for the same labels/divs in working ones).

Is it a WebIf bug? Why does Ctrl-F5 make a difference?

Is it a WebIf bug? Why does Ctrl-F5 make a difference?
The JQuery width() method returns 0 for anything that is not visible. The IOS-style checkbox plugin that is used by webif calls that method to work out how wide the switch should be. The correct width is calculated for elements which are displayed but not for those that are hidden. I've fixed it for the next release.

The non-CFW 3.0 issue with IOS-style checkboxes is fixed and looks fabulous in the latest WebIf 1.0.16 release.

The JQuery width() method returns 0 for anything that is not visible. The IOS-style checkbox plugin that is used by webif calls that method to work out how wide the switch should be. The correct width is calculated for elements which are displayed but not for those that are hidden. I've fixed it for the next release.
That makes sense. Thanks for the fix.

Does this mean I can install a disk bigger than 2TB? :cautious:
"Large block devices;
EFI Partition tables;"

If not, can someone recommend a usb cradle for the 2tb drive have at the moment so I can move it external and install a new empty drive?

It's possible you can already, using block-size jiggery-pokery in a custom formatting scheme. See Things Every... (click) section 12.

That only works if the hard disc itself or USB interface reports the drive as having 4K logical sectors. It's not a custom format, in that it isn't something the user can influence. It will be a standard format, for that type of drive.

Back