Continuously busy loading file clipboard

dandnsmith

Forum Supporter
I found, yesterday, after doing some file manipulation through the browser (FF esr 31.7.0) that I had, in the view showing /media/My Video, 2 busy indicators - one for loading the clipboard, the other for 'retrieving data', both with little circling arrows.
I left the box overnight (in standby) - no change this morning.
I tried shutting down, and then powering off at the back. On restrating, I still had the same symptoms.
I feel there might have been a similar circumstance posted recently, but couldn't find it.
How do I sort it out, and get back to normal working?
I can telnet in to the box, and see that the top user is /usr/bin/humaxtv with 14% cpu, vsz 238%
Using HDR_T2 1.03.12 CF3.03

After restarting, and clearing some of the larger logs (recmon), all seems to be back to normal - still no idea what started or stopped this situation

I've managed to get the same symptoms again.
Can anybody suggest how to get out if this state, as there doesn't seem to be anything I can do in WebIF, and I cannot get a reboot under diagnostics?

Mine is doing that as we speak. I don't know what I did to provoke it. Wouldn't reboot in IE. Fired up FireFox and it rebooted fine. IE still showing symptoms. Refresh page, still there. Close page. Reload page, still there. open FF. Goto Hummy. All fine and dandy. Ugh!
Simultaneous webIF session in IE. Same. Shut down IE. Reopen at Hummy, still continuously loading. Pah. A curse on IE.

And yet the OP is complaining about Firefox. I suspect this is a browser issue rather than a CF one.

On my other computer, it works fine in IE and FF, so I suspect it's something to do with page caching? How do you clear IE cache?

If FF/IE have an incognito mode, you could try that. It should open a WebIF session independent of any stuck cache in the other session. IIRC Ctrl+R refreshes the cache.

Reboot computer. Still the same. Opend fox t2 in IE 'In private browsing' OK.
Ctrl R in the 'normal' IE cleared the 'fault'.,

Reboot computer. Still the same. Opend fox t2 in IE 'In private browsing' OK.
Ctrl R in the 'normal' IE cleared the 'fault'.,
The cookies, browsing history and caches are stored on the drive - rebooting doesn't clear them, you have to specifically command it or wait while they automatically time-out (which could be weeks).

Thanks for that informed discussion - I now have it 'fixed'.
The clearing the browser cache proved to be the critical one.
Before reading the discussion, I had already tried,just now, from a different machine - no problem.
So went to original browser instance, and problem still there. Cleared cache, and all well.
Thanks again.

Back