[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

Ok, I've managed to load the test portal on the box now.
Facebook is missing however along with a few others.
Interestingly, the customer service app is aimed at satellite customers, and the firmware updater app has version 1.01.28 available for download. I wouldn't recommend trying that though.

Just a quick update.
The Facebook app does actually work.
The problem was that Facebook blocked my account as it wasn't logging in from a recognized location.
The app routes the login through Korea like the portal!
Once I authorized it with Facebook on the net, I can login.

After playing with the Facebook app for 5 minutes it quite clear it's pointless.
It's so slow it's painful. And the videos do not play.
Maybe this is because it's still in test and is routing through Korea, but it needs to be a hell of a lot quicker to even stand a chance of being useful. I'm on 50mb fibre, so it's deffo not my side with the issue.

The app itself is along the same lines as the twitter app. Quarter screen tv, and half screen app.
When will they learn that they should just overlay on top of the broadcast video rather than squeeze it all in to one page.
You can kind of tell these apps that humax themselves put together are made by engineers rather than designers.

Just wanted to post to say thanks to af123 for the Foscam stuff - a great addition to the custom portal! I really want the video streaming stuff to work now though - wish the camera's had a built in DNLA server like the Humax! Experimenting with some fuse stuff to try and get videostream.asf available via serviio..

As good as the Custom Portal is. I have stopped using it as it is painfully slow. I have now purchased an Apple TV (2nd gen) and have jailbroken it. It is much faster and you can get iPlayer too!

Netflix is now available in the UK. Any news on whether this will be available in the portal (official or custom)?

Official - don't hold your breath. Custom - if you can point the Custom Portal boys at an MP4 link you have a chance.

Just signed up for netflix and loving it!

would be great if i could get it on the hummy without having to boot up the ps3 to watch it.

its available on loads of devices, tv's, bluray players etc, it cant be much different for the humax?

Is it possible for the 'very clever' amongst us to add either LoveFilm or Netflix to the custom firmware TV portal..? Is it even possible.?

Cheers

I have installed this package to day and rebooted.

I assumed that entry to the package is by selecting the TV Portal on the remote.

When I did this I got the following error:

Alert
An error occurrd whilst launching the application https://www.humaxtvportal.com/

After acknowledging the error and again selecting the TV portal on the remote I was able to enter the portal.

Just for information should this happen to another person.

Are there any developments looking at adding further channels to the custom tv portal ongoing? For example 4OnDemand or ITVPlayer ?

Ezra and raydon, those posts came from another thread, which has been merged with this thread.

Back