fixdisk found corrupt block in queue.db, any action needed to recover?

Owen Smith

My HDR Fox T2 ground almost to a halt so I ran fixdisk and it found a corrupt block in queue.db. Do I need to do anything to recover fully ie will customised firmware now be not doing some processing eg. auto decrypt? Error given for the file was:

The following file contains a corrupt block and can not be fully recovered.
You may wish to delete it or recover from backup.

debugfs 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
Inode Pathname
23461122 /mnt/hd2/mod/etc/queue.db

Simplest is to just delete the file - it will be recreated on next use, not worth attempting to repair

Simplest is to just delete the file - it will be recreated on next use, not worth attempting to repair
It's the fact I should delete it and the custom firmware won't sort itself out automatically that is what I needed to know, thanks.

Well I renamed it to queue.db_old and rebooted and a new queue.db was created so I guess I'm good now.

I'm going to run a long hard disk test. This is the first bad block ever shown on this box so it may be time to see if there are more.

One bad block in a frequently used file like queue.db can slow down the entire system, now that it is isolated in the renamed file normal service should be resumed though a full fix-disk run can't do any harm and may find some issues lurking

One bad block in a frequently used file like queue.db can slow down the entire system, now that it is isolated in the renamed file normal service should be resumed though a full fix-disk run can't do any harm and may find some issues lurking
I found it by running fix-disk in the first place. I believe the bad block gets remapped at that point when found, sometimes the old contents can be recovered with lots of re-reads and written to the remapped block but this one could not, which leads to a file with all working blocks but one of them has the wrong contents. At least that's my understanding of how fix-disk works. I've deleted the old file now.

Back