Getting a second web interface running

Jamie McD

Hi All,

I have two HDR-Fox-T2 boxes, both of which have recently had the latest custom firmware added. The firmware was new to one of the boxes (call it the New one) and a response to the humax update recently overwriting the custom firmware that was already on the other box (call it the Old one).

The web interface was all ready and waiting for the Old one that had had the firmware preivously. But, when I go to the IP address of the New one that hasn;t had the firmware before, then I get a few lines of Black and blue text talking about index, directories and so on as per below. This is despite following the post installation instructions to install the Web interface.

Please can you help me out on this?

Thanks and my apologies if I've missed something blindlingly obvious

Index of /

NameModifiedSize
Parent directory - -
charts/ 02-May-2014 11:04 [DIRECTORY]
img/ 02-May-2014 11:03
[DIRECTORy]

Try reinstalling Webif by connecting to the box using Telnet. Select the 'CLI' option to get the command line, if necessary, and then run the following command:
Code:
opkg install webif --force-reinstall
Then quit telnet and see if it has fixed your problem.

Is this with CFW 2.22? This shouldn't happen with that version!
Have you tried restarting the Humax and connecting again?

Monty's advice will fix it but I'd like to understand what's going on so I can fix it in the next CFW version - instructions on connecting via telnet are at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet. If you can get that far, I would appreciate the output to a few commands before you run the fix.

Telnet is a way of connecting to the box and issuing commands etc. Take a look in the wiki here. I think it dates back to the 70's. On a Windows PC, the free program Putty is good (see wiki) but you can also connect with iOS or Android apps. Once connected, at the command line level, if you type in the command from my previous post the box will download and reinstall Webif.

Edit. My typing is too slow.

Hi AF and Montys

OK, have got putty and brought up the command line - what do you need, AF23?

I'll wait for a spell and then try Montys fix

Thanks, both of you

Ah, yes 123, have tried stopping, restarting, reinstalling CFW over the top (it is the latest one), pacing up and down as well as swearing at it - to no avail, other than surprising a passing neighbour!

Got the telnet cli running as I type

What are the commands you wanted outputs from before I run the fix, AF123? Happy to do those, but need to get going pretty soon, sorry!

Sorry, got tied up. Just the output of 'ps' without the quotes would be useful thanks.

AHA! Is this what you're after?

PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 root 1244 S init
2 root 0 SW [migration/0]
3 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/0]
4 root 0 SW [migration/1]
5 root 0 SWN [ksoftirqd/1]
6 root 0 SW< [events/0]
7 root 0 SW< [events/1]
8 root 0 SW< [khelper]
9 root 0 SW< [kthread]
10 root 0 SW< [kblockd/0]
11 root 0 SW< [kblockd/1]
12 root 0 SW< [khubd]
13 root 0 SW< [kseriod]
14 root 0 SW [pdflush]
15 root 0 SW [pdflush]
16 root 0 SW< [kswapd0]
17 root 0 SW< [aio/0]
18 root 0 SW< [aio/1]
19 root 0 SW< [ata/0]
20 root 0 SW< [ata/1]
21 root 0 SW< [ata_aux]
22 root 0 SW< [scsi_eh_0]
23 root 0 SW< [scsi_eh_1]
24 root 0 SW [mtdblockd]
25 root 0 SW< [kpsmoused]
26 root 1240 S {rcS} /bin/sh /etc/init.d/rcS
71 root 0 SWN [jffs2_gcd_mtd1]
72 root 0 SWN [jffs2_gcd_mtd2]
129 nobody 936 S /usr/bin/dnsmasq
135 root 816 S N /sbin/utelnetd -l /bin/tmenu -p 23 -d -B
151 root 1244 S {S90settop} /bin/sh /etc/init.d/S90settop start
161 root 338m S /usr/bin/humaxtv
265 root 0 SW [RtmpTimerTask]
266 root 0 SW [RtmpMlmeTask]
267 root 0 SW [RtmpCmdQTask]
286 root 840 S tinyftp -i HumaxFTP -p 0000 -c /media
307 root 0 SW< [kjournald]
493 root 0 SW< [kjournald]
495 root 0 SW< [kjournald]
697 root 1368 S N /mod/sbin/crond
704 root 12392 S N /mod/sbin/mongoose /mod/etc/mongoose.conf
747 root 1748 S N /mod/bin/epg -f /mnt/hd1/dvbepg/epg.dat sqlitedumpd
841 root 1248 S udhcpc -t 5 -T 10 -p /var/lib/humaxtv/udhcpc.wlan0.p
848 root 1236 S N {tmenu} /bin/sh /bin/tmenu
850 root 1264 S N {tmenu} /bin/sh /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/tmenu
886 root 1256 S N /bin/sh -l
1945 root 1348 R N ps

AH, well, ran the fix, got this output and it's not worked. Help?!

humax# opkg install webif --force-reinstall
Removing package webif from root...
Installing webif (1.0.12) to root...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.0.12_mipsel.opk.
Configuring webif.
Postinstall configure
SMART: (PASSED)
realloc: 0
spinretry: 0
pending: 0
offline: 0
Collected errors:
* extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from var/mongoose to '../webif': File exists.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/css/EXTRA.css: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/favicon.ico: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/57.png: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/72.png: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/114.png: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/144.png: No such file or directory.
humax#

Can you try running the 'fix-webif' diagnostic? - either from the 'run diagnostic' option in the telnet menu or from the command line with 'diag fix-webif'

Hi AF123 -

I ran it and it seems now the web-if seems to be working. There was a warning on the front page of the new web-if saying the humax had crashed and that several packages had been somethinged (don;t remember, precisely) as a precaution. But, it seems to be basically working.

Many thanks!

Any advice on checking out which bits are working or disabled?

It should be fine - you hadn't installed anything yet. Glad it's working now!

Yes, it's all good and many thanks indeed - it means I can try to make sense of the kids films more easily! There's only so many episodes of cbeebies programmes that can be watched in a lifetime!

Back