HDR fox t 2 lost all settings

damianiw

Well my HDR fox t 2 was sat with -WIZARD- on the LCD display today, turned on tv to find it going through all the settings as if it was new out the box, everything lost setting wise, LAN, DLNA, FTP, channels

After doing settings I powered off and back on, still same firmware and custom firmware installed - I have a schedule to disable update.

Any Ideas how this happened ?

Going to see if schedules are all gone and if so restore from WebIF

This has happened to me and one or two others, a complete random factory reset. No idea what caused it.

I see from your sig that you running firmware 1.02.27. I (and some others I think) had this issue a couple of times having 'upgraded' to that, and the problem went away when I downgraded to 1.02.20 again. Need to try 1.02.29 at some point soon.

Settings Page - Disappearing items

I am not quite sure when but a number if items have disappeared from my settings page:
1. Dropbear-SSh
2. Redring
3. EPGkeywords, most of the entries and the email facility are missing
4. Undelete settings

There may be others I can't remember,

Also
The tab order in package management has changed, now defaulting to 'Installed' instead of 'Upgrades'
having selected 'Upgrades' and clicked on 'Upgrade package list from internet' 'Installed items is refreshed instead of 'Upgrades'.
I may be wrong but I think the tab order has also changed with 'Installed' on the left as the default tab.

Michael

Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB
Humax Version: 1.02.28
Custom firmware version: 2.11
Web interface version: 0.9.13-8

Settings Page Follow up
I attempted a forced reinstall of the webif-epgkeywords module which failed

>>> opkg install --force-reinstall webif-epgkeywords
No packages removed.
Installing webif-epgkeywords (1.0.1) to root...
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_pkg: Package webif-epgkeywords is not available from any configured src.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download webif-epgkeywords. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package webif-epgkeywords.

However, this resulted in the return of all the other missing items to the settings page.
Michael

That does look like you were getting an error from the keywords package which stopped the settings page from showing properly. As Ezra has said, the package isn't maintained any more but I'm not sure why it would start misbehaving if you had it installed.

I also had items missing from my Web-If Settings screen, it does seem to be related to running webif-epgkeywords, uninstalling this package restored all expected items to the 'settings' screen and also enabled me to see the new screensaver settings (screensaver 0.3 required) for the first time

Back