HDR-Fox T2 locking up with custom firmware

Hi,
See attached image for the 4kalign output.
The next problem I have is that I ftp'd the programmes back onto the new hard disk, that I copied off before the disk failed, but I cannot play them, it comes up with a message saying "This channel is scrambled or not available".
Are they lost forever, or is there something I can do to play them again?
I have got the auto-decrypt packaged installed now, which wasn't on there before I copied them off, does that make a difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 13
I guess you didn't save the .hmt and .nts files?
You can re-create them with the sidecar package, but it's going to take a while.... and the answer is 42.

When you FTPed, did you just take the .ts files, or did you take the whole set for each recording?

In particular, the .hmt file associated with each recording contains flags critical to the playback of encrypted content. If you no longer have the .hmt, a new one will have to be patched together to persuade the HDR to decrypt the .ts for playback (or decryption). Naked .ts files cannot be played unless decrypted, and cannot be decrypted without the .hmt.

Does sidecar work with encrypted .ts files?
Ah, no, sorry missed that bit. I think the only option is to 'borrow' an .hmt file from another recording to enable the decrypt. Once that is done, then blow it away and use sidecar to recreate .hmt and .nts
Not that I've tried the first part of this procedure...

I ftp'd all 4 files for each programme, and copied all 4 back again.
I was having trouble playing back new recordings as well, so I turn it off and back on again, and all new and old recordings now play back again. Few! :)

I had another funny thing yesterday, I'm not sure what I touched on the front of the box, but for a few seconds a blank screen with a message was shown, I can't remember exactly what it said, but the LCD screen on the front had 'TEST' scrolling across the front. After a few seconds the picture came back and everything was normal.
Does anyone know what might have been happening?

I had another funny thing yesterday, I'm not sure what I touched on the front of the box, but for a few seconds a blank screen with a message was shown, I can't remember exactly what it said, but the LCD screen on the front had 'TEST' scrolling across the front. After a few seconds the picture came back and everything was normal.
Does anyone know what might have been happening?
If you have not retuned recently you could have a 'Test' channel in the 790's: were you on BBC One and did you then touch the channel down button on the front panel?

Thanks, that must have been it. I must be getting paranoid since fitting the new hard disk.
I thought the custom firmware might have been doing something. Nothing to worry about. :)

Back