HMT filename data missing since upgrading to 3.00

D123

Hi - I've recently upgraded to firmware v3.00 (from a version ages back - not quite sure which version I was on before the upgrade.

When I run 'hmt' on a recent recording then it has no data in the filename field.

If I choose a recording before I upgraded to v3.00 then I can see the filename for the recording exactly as before the upgrade.

All recordings still play fine on the Humax, it's just the filename is missing. I'm using the filename in a script so it's causing my script to fail.

Has anyone else come across this...

I can confirm that when using hmt_1.1.22 to view a recording from 2011 the Filename field is displayed e.g. :-
Code:
humax# hmt KAISER\ CHIEFS\ DD5_1_20110410_0147.hm
Format:HD
Title:KAISER CHIEFS DD5.1
ITitle:A Little Later: Kaiser Chiefs
Channel:54 (BBC HD)
Folder:/mnt/hd2/My Video/archive/3D+TEST/
Filename:KKAISER CHIEFS DD5_1_20110410_0147
Genre:Entertainment (48)
But when using hmt_1.1.22 to view a current recording, I get :-
Code:
humax# hmt Classic\ British\ Aircraft_20140911_2230.hmt
Format:SD
Title:Classic British Aircraft
ITitle:i7Classic British Aircraft
Channel:37 (QUEST)
Folder:/mnt/hd2/My Video/Classic British Aircraft/
Filename:
Genre:Entertainment (48)

This is an interesting one. I have the opportunity to check similar programmes recorded on adjacent days on two different boxes...
A box with 1.02.32 has the filename at offset 0x17F.
A box with 1.03.12 has the filename at offset 0x180, with a null byte at 0x17F which is why it produces a blank name.
It looks like Humax have changed the format of the .HMT file slightly. Whether this is deliberate or another f*** up on their part is anybody's guess.

(I expect a certain person whose name begins with B will deny this fact of course.)

This is an interesting one. I have the opportunity to check similar programmes recorded on adjacent days on two different boxes...
A box with 1.02.32 has the filename at offset 0x17F.
A box with 1.03.12 has the filename at offset 0x180, with a null byte at 0x17F which is why it produces a blank name.
It looks like Humax have changed the format of the .HMT file slightly. Whether this is deliberate or another f*** up on their part is anybody's guess.
Nice spot. The HDR 2000T uses offset 0x180 too by the looks of it. I'll update the hmt utility to handle both cases.

I guess this means the 1.03.12 firmware is able to handle both cases too, so that existing recordings still work. Is there some kind of marker or pointer?

I don't think the field is used anywhere by the standard firmware.
I don't know the details but I seem to remember it's used on the Foxsat where housekeeping routines have to ensure that they fix it if they rename anything (but I could be mixing that up with the folder path).

I don't think the field is used anywhere by the standard firmware.
I don't know the details but I seem to remember it's used on the Foxsat where housekeeping routines have to ensure that they fix it if they rename anything (but I could be mixing that up with the folder path).
On the HDR Fox T2 it isn't required for playback, but on the Foxsat HDR which uses a combined folder path/filename field at offset 0x21 this has to be correct otherwise the recording will not even appear in the media list.

Nice spot. The HDR 2000T uses offset 0x180 too by the looks of it. I'll update the hmt utility to handle both cases.

thanks! Would you mind please also releasing Linux & Solaris versions, like you did last time? I currently have 1.1.17

thanks much indeed...

Back