Poll How do you schedule recordings?

What is your primary method for setting things to record?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, only '+' (and) '-' (not) and ' ' (or) are allowed, also 1950, 1980 etc. will be seen as text rather than numbers, so inclusive ranges e.g. 1950 - 1980 won't work either

@dearleuk
Tried a few tests with the interactive EPG search, to see what might work.
Using "+196" seems to find references to the sixties OK (the + is optional).
Unfortunately, extending this to "+(195 196 197)" doesn't seem to work.
Neither did a number of other variants on that theme (with and without + and/or brackets), although I cannot see why not.
It almost seems that once there is more than one term, then it switches from text search to word search.

But I like the other suggestions for recent movies... I have added it to my RS auto searches.
Fortunately I had already spotted that Source Code was on, all I need now is enough time to watch it (and all the other additional stuff the searches are helping me find!)

There is a note in the WiKi HERE (right hand example) that says :-
NOTE :- the use of '+' and '-' forces a whole word search, with '*' as a wild card e.g. -bros*
e.g. a block if characters bounded by spaces

Using "+196" seems to find references to the sixties OK (the + is optional).

+(195* 196* 197*) should work.

The search engine understands the concept of a word so the * will only match anything up to the end of the word.

Thanks Ezra & af123.

Since they are clearly associated, should there be more commonality between the EPG search and the auto scheduling search?
dearleuk's question was about auto search, but I was using EPG search to prototype a search

- in the Wiki the EPG search the description has less detail than the auto search
- in the portal, it would be helpful to have more commonality; in this case I would have liked EPG search to have searched for text and genre

Thanks for all the useful replies. My mom likes to watch old films(B/W) and there dosen't seem to be that many on anymore, so now I can catch the few that are on for her

af123, I have added a Poll prefix, and made this thread sticky so that it gets maximum visibility. Please let me know when you feel that it has run it's course, and I will un-stick it for you.

"Book me" comes up on the TV screen when they are trailing a forthcoming programme, as a green button option.

I did use the book me feature at the beginning but then got fed up trying to work out whether I was booking the SD or HD version, and then if I wanted to Series Link it I can't even remember if that was an option - probably was but IIRC the bit you needed to see never fitted in the on screen menu. So now I do on screen if I'm there, on phone either at home or out using whatever I can connect with!! And a few RS auto scheduler entries take care of anything with Chan, Stallone, Schwarzenegger or Statham in the synopsis!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back