Humax to PC

naf123

Hello,

I have my humax connected to my router. My router is connected to a homeplug. Homeplug connected to PC.

I can see my humax files from my PC on the network. I can download files onto my playbook (kalemsoft media player!) and watch on that no problems - subtitles etc

However I want to watch on my PC. I have tried VLC player...no luck...it doesn't seem to recognise the .ts formats. Windows media player just goes "opening media...."

Please advice!

Thank

WMP won't do it. Update VLC, we know the latest one works, but you need to use the mechanism that accesses DLNA servers (I'm not a regular on it).

A few points:
  1. This will not work for HiDef recordings;
  2. This will not work on a HD-FOX;
  3. On the HDR-FOX, ensure Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On
For more info see Things Every... (click) section 5.

Thanks.

I only use SD recordings anyway. I have HDR FOX T2

The content hare is on.

I have the latest VLC - so it does seem that my PC lacks an DLNA or whatever it is.

Can anyone help me with this? If its working on my Kalemsoft app on my Blackberry Playbook - it is clear Kalemsoft has an DLNA player that works for .ts files.

I wish there was an media player with DLNA on it.

I FOUND THE ANSWER!!

(View Playlist - Ctrl-L) on VLC player then expand Local Network, Universal Plug 'n Play and you'll see the Humax appear and you can pick a recording from the tree view. Easy to run in a window and full screen and it provides a slider for moving around.

It WORKS!!!

I can not connect to pc via ip address and username and password but the password does not work? I think in my silliness changed the password. Is there any way I can change it without resetting the factory default which would delete all my recordings and upgrades to the device!

I have it hardwired to the network at the moment and sharing on! I don't think I can, all I want to do is rescan channels and not to loose my Schedule recordings.

I am trying to connected my pc to my Fox t2 via http:\192.etc using user name humaxftp and password as default 0000 but in the back of my mind I changed the default password about 6 years ago! I am trying to think of a way of connecting to fox t2 without resetting it to factory default to change the password to default!

FTP? That would be "192.168...." without the "http" on the front.

Nothing comes to mind about resetting the PIN, but I'm not at home to check.

How did you change the password about 6 years ago? The HDR-FOX T2 was launched Less than 3 years ago.;)

Are you using the custom firmware and trying to access the web interface? or are you trying to connect via FTP?

Quite. "humaxftp" is the user name for the FTP server. If the OP is trying to access the WebIF and getting a login prompt, that is a completely different issue and can be sorted out via Telnet (I think, as long as you know the PIN!).

A username and password are being requested by http 192...... The site says: "webif" ah now that is what I am asked to login as I am via network cable is that correct? I am using Software Version FHTCP 1.02.28 loader version a7.30. I used to access web interface but its been a long time since trying to access it! Dam its only been 3 years! flown past!

From the wiki
How do I reset my Web-If Password

If you have forgotten your Web-If password you can reset it by accessing the Humax Telnet screen.
The Telnet Menu (Option 2) can do this, If the Telnet Menu is turned off, you can reset it by entering the following Telnet command line :-
diag removepw
Do you have telnet access?

Hello again,

I have VLC player, it works however the subtitles after 5 or 10 minutes some of it goes missing. If I restart the VLC player, it comes back.

then goes missing 5 mins later.

Any solutions?

thanks

Back