ITV sound

That's what I suspected. Thank you
If this ever happens 5.1 audio should too.

"As for 4K/Ultra HD content on ITVX, ITV confirmed to us that there won’t be any 4K content at launch – but the broadcaster is looking to introduce 4K content in the future."

ITV stereo, not surround, has always been an issue of their Playout contract and the need to throw money at that (according to knowledgeable, now retired people I trust on DigitalSpy). Although some there suggest it's a Dolby licensing cost issue for ITV.

Either way... stereo only.

That playout contract is until next year sometime... https://www.redbeemedia.com/news/itv-extends-playout-contract-with-ericsson-until-2024/

I suspect more money will be spent on getting the correct ITV1 HD regions to air, rather than Playout -- unless one is dependent on the other for some odd reason.

@SemiRamis & Rodders53

I was referring to ITVX rather than ITV, as a commercial paid for streaming channel they have more need to offer a higher quality experience to match the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Disney to attract subscribers and match the capabilities of their 4K surround capable TV's. If that ever happens we may then be able to view ITV shows in better quality sound and vision via ITVX's free (with ad's) catch up service.

Back