Mediatomb convert to wav on the fly and stream to Chromecast Audio

How do you ensure the HDR stays on?
Don't turn it to standby:)
I find that whenever it records and then stops recording it turns itself off.
Mine does not do that. Not much help, but just to show you that not all T2s do what you describe. Mine stays on when a recording finishes unless I switch it to S/B whilst it is recording, when finished, it then switches to S/B.

Don't turn it to standby:)Mine does not do that. Not much help, but just to show you that not all T2s do what you describe. Mine stays on when a recording finishes unless I switch it to S/B whilst it is recording, when finished, it then switches to S/B.

Depends if the box started recording while in sby and wasn't booted manually during the recording.

Box started recording in sby, no user interaction, box returns to full sby when at least 15 mins gap in recording schedule.

Box started recording when on, returns to sby when above condition satisfied unless box power button is pressed. If so returns to recording in sby and returns to full sby as above.

How do you ensure the HDR stays on? I find that whenever it records and then stops recording it turns itself off. How can I ensure that the unit stays on whilst it's transcoding to MP3 L3?

Plus there are times we have to turn the box off (to standby) or else it loses HDMI sync with the TV and the TV shows either a green screen or nothing at all. :S

Thanks

Rodp

Disable auto power off option.

so I've got to press the power button on the unit, tape up the standby button on the remote and tell my 3 boys not to turn it off (might be a tall order the latter one!). So therefore it's not likely that converting to mp3 L3 at time of recording is going to work for me. I'll make do with transcoding on the fly but I suppose when I archive the clips I can transcode at that point.

With the ir package you can always create a file called /tmp/.irhold then it won't be possible to power it off using the remote.

hmm auto power off..... ok I'll look into that - (wish I could auto power off my 3 boys sometimes!!)

Regarding HDMI sync, have you tried switching sources at the TV end?

yep - been through that and on this forum - it's just a slight incompatibility which can occur if the humax has been on for a little while without the TV being on (an old panasonic 42" plasma). Changing TV source doesn't help when it's a black screen. If it's a green screen sometimes you can be in luck. Most times when it happens you have to wait until the hummy goes into full standby and the HDD shuts down. We've lived with it for quite sometime and our habit of shutting the hummy down after use helps keep this problem at bay. If I was to push the HDMI signal through a repeater / slitter this might resolve it but never got round to it.

what do you use instead prp? perhaps I'm trying to reinvent the wheel here!.... I guess you're propably going to say Samba but my problem is I need to transcode.
You guessed right.
and tell my 3 boys not to turn it off (might be a tall order the latter one!)
I thought kids went round houses turning everything ON, not off ?

Get some exercise bikes and connect them up to the grid! Then at least you're getting some compensation from all that cost in food you pour into them.

Hi All,

I've been using this setup for a little while now and happy to say it's working a treat - no more lengthy conversions and BubbUPNP on my phone seems to be pretty stable with the Chrome Cast Audio units (just wish I could rewind / fast forward but hey you can't have everything!). One other thing I've just spotted though is that when I rename the files from MP3 to MP3L2 (so that media tomb knows to convert them on the fly) they no longer show up in the webif browser. Can this be changed / customised by a config file somewhere?

Thanks

Rodp

Back