New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

l_ mitchell

I finally got delivery of a new HDR-T2 on Friday - So far I'm very impressed!
Part of the reason of going for this recorder was due to the flexibility given by the custom firmware.

The box appears to have software version 1.03.06 (March 2013) - which is newer than the version listed in the wiki & download section.

Should I wait for it to be supported or downgrade to a supported version? (if so, how do I do this??)

Is there a way of making a backup of this version in case things go wrong?

I am that other user!

My new box came with 1.03.06 installed. I could not see or 'feel' any difference in functionality or speed over 1.02.32.

I had no problems whatsoever downgrading to 1.02.32 using the standard method. The box is working happily and even better since I installed the custom firmware.

There is ever-such-a-slight risk that 1.03.06 has been installed to accommodate a hardware modification - but only very slight.

Update: One user with 1.03.06 supplied has tried to revert to 1.02.32 and found that it rendered his unit unusable... twice. See post 18 onwards. Until 1.03.06 is available for download, it is advisable that owners of 1.03.06 units DO NOT downgrade to 1.02.32 (despite the attractions of the custom firmware, which cannot be issued for 1.03.06 until 1.03.06 is available for inspection in the wild).

Hopefully new official software should be available soon. This is the reply I received today from Humax Customer Services.

Monty's Evil Twin

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

That version will appear on the beta site in the next week or so with release notes. The OAD is yet to be confirmed.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

17/07/2013 14:50 - wrote: Hi,

I have both HDR & HD Fox T2 boxes which I am very happy with. I've heard that new HDR Fox T2 units are shipping with 1.03.06 software installed. Is this version significantly different from 1.02.32? Are new versions for both boxes going to be transmitted OTA or made available via the beta humax or another website? If so, what is the timescale for this.

Thanks,

Has anyone got any news on this? Interested to know what features have been added, or potentially removed.

Hello
newb, so probably a stupid question
I've just got the t2 with the mentioned software 1.03.06.
As mentioned above do I have to downgrade to an earlier software (1.02.32) to be able to install the custom firmware?

Incidently as an extra question; the terms firmware, software, whats the differance, confuses the hell out of me

Currently v1.03.06 is not freely available.

It seems new boxes are coming pre-loaded with it and we have heard that it is due to be released 'soon'.
Until then, the only way to install the Custom Firmware (CF) is to 'downgrade' the Official Firmware to v1.02.32. There is no problem in doing this that we are aware off. I have done it myself and not noticed anything different in functionality or speed etal.

To 'downgrade' you follow exactly the same procedure as if you were upgrading with the obvious exception of the use of the 'older' firmware file.

Currently v1.03.06 is not freely available.

It seems new boxes are coming pre-loaded with it and we have heard that it is due to be released 'soon'.
Until then, the only way to install the Custom Firmware (CF) is to 'downgrade' the Official Firmware to v1.02.32. There is no problem in doing this that we are aware off. I have done it myself and not noticed anything different in functionality or speed etal.

To 'downgrade' you follow exactly the same procedure as if you were upgrading with the obvious exception of the use of the 'older' firmware file.

Ok, thanks. If I do downgrade presumably I will not be able to return to 1.03.06 untill it is freely available.

Would this downgrading affect the warranty?

Thanks also to Black Hole for links.

Ok, thanks for feedback.
Anyways put the cfw on booted up ok but has lost all the channels, done a search but no channels found

oops, where from here

Aerial fallen out?
no, first thing I checked

logged into web interface says custom firmware successfully installed, cannot access tv portal though

successfully downloaded the full web ui, still no channels though, this is weird

installation-manual search reports signal quality 0% and signal strength 0%

EDIT:

There are errors here so apologies.

I was also installing the foxsat hdr with custom firmware at the same time as the HDR Fox-T2

The tuning problem mentioned in my posts in this thread relate to the T2

The web ui subject is related to the foxsat hdr.

Sorry for any confusion

Are you sure you have input the correct channel number and selected the appropriate mode (DVB/DVB-T2) for the mux you are scanning manually?

Are you sure you have input the correct channel number and selected the appropriate mode (DVB/DVB-T2) for the mux you are scanning manually?
I've tried the automatic search-- no channels found.
I haven't tried to do it manually, its just when I select manual search the page reports zero signal strength and signal quality just as if no aerial was plugged in, have tried another co axial cable still nothing

on the system settings it has the signal detection tab greyed out

Back