New HDR-T2 - Software Version 1.03.06

They might might have delayed releasing it because people were reporting bricked boxes
The bricked boxes were /RE new HW boxes that came with 1.03.06 but were downdated to 1.02.xx
The hope would be that an update back to 1.03.06 would restore functionality to the tuners.
This could have easily been tested by Humax sending a USB update file via eMail or ftp
I agree, but maybe af123 has a problem in categorising it, It doesn't contain Custom Firmware but strictly speaking it isn't official firmware either, in other words it will, I guess, have a different SHA1 (checksum) than the one Humax may be releasing, if they ever get around to it

The file posted for testing and used to base the CFW on is an extracted original Humax FW taken from an old HW box (info for any new to the thread) and may be slightly different to an official USB FW if and when released by Humax. In the meantime it could be categorised as XO Humax FW (eXtracted Original/Official) though maybe af doesn't want it on the Wiki as it is just that,. an extracted version (previously not thought to be possible)

???

Do we know that for sure? I don't recall seeing that posted anywhere.

That's what I recall being posted - Wallace was an old HW box that came with 1.03.06 and that worked most of the time i.e. not bricked as such.

EDIT:

Looking back a summary post stated the bricked boxes were original HW but the quoted posts didn't state what HW version was bricked. At that time the /RE boxes hadn't been identified. The offending boxes went back to Humax not sure what happened then . . .

So let me get this straight. There is now a custom firmware I can download that I can use on my brand new RE 1.03.06 which will give me the WebIF etc and has little danger of bricking the box? Or is it only for older boxes - non RE ones?

see the following posts

It looks good on both GB and GB/RE boxes. Still early days though!

It seems to be OK on my RE box.

Currently running 1.03.06. Do I need to downgrade or can I just install the af123's 1.03.06 and CF 2.19 directly?

Just install the CF2.19 update directly.

Most interesting would be if an adventurous/brave soul would downdate to 1.02.xx on an /RE box and confirm loss of tuner function and then update back to 1.03.06 with the extracted original 1.03.06 FW and see if it was unbricked tuner wise ???

That's what I recall being posted - Wallace was an old HW box that came with 1.03.06 and that worked most of the time i.e. not bricked as such.

EDIT:

Looking back a summary post stated the bricked boxes were original HW but the quoted posts didn't state what HW version was bricked. At that time the /RE boxes hadn't been identified. The offending boxes went back to Humax not sure what happened then . . .
I have been right through this thread, and there is no mention that the three "bricked" boxes were new hardware /RE boxes.
Most interesting would be if an adventurous/brave soul would downdate to 1.02.xx on an /RE box and confirm loss of tuner function and then update back to 1.03.06 with the extracted original 1.03.06 FW and see if it was unbricked tuner wise ???
I'm not volunteering to do that.:)

I have been right through this thread, and there is no mention that the three "bricked" boxes were new hardware /RE boxes.

No, but it was stated that they were Old HW when the actual posts referred to didn't say that either. The boxes went back to Humax as bricked units I believe , before /RE was identified, but I haven't looked at the chronology exactly.

Looks like it was actually just my assumption that they were /RE units as a number of people have downdated old HW successfully since the first brickings were reported.

I'm not volunteering to do that.:)

No !!!!!!!!!!
Can't blame you . . .

see the following posts

Sorry, don't know how I missed those. This is excellent news, there really are some geniuses on here.

Also sorry but there is no way I would risk that to my new box - its still shiny. Nobody here is allowed to touch it with their grubby mitts :)

Sorry, don't know how I missed those. This is excellent news, there really are some geniuses on here.

Also sorry but there is no way I would risk that to my new box - its still shiny. Nobody here is allowed to touch it with their grubby mitts :)

:)

Not sure I would try it either !

Do we know that for sure? I don't recall seeing that posted anywhere.

The boxes I purchased were brand new.

As to the finer points of RE or GB or any other variations I cannot say, they were returned immediately to the retailer ( not Humax)

They both obviousley sported the 1.03.06 fw.

On the first I installed the CF straight over 1.03.06. The installation seemed to be ok but lost all tuning capabilities

The second I loaded the older OFW 1.02.32 ( same result) then loaded CF , still the same result

The boxes I purchased were brand new.

As to the finer points of RE or GB or any other variations I cannot say, they were returned immediately to the retailer ( not Humax)

They both obviousley sported the 1.03.06 fw.

On the first I installed the CF straight over 1.03.06. The installation seemed to be ok but lost all tuning capabilities

The second I loaded the older OFW 1.02.32 ( same result) then loaded CF , still the same result
So you don't remember whether the Aerial and RF Out sockets were alongside each other, or one above the other?

What I can say is the bricked units you highlighted above are what happens when you try to put the old software on a new style box that has slightly different hardware.
We still don't know whether the so called "Bricked" units were new hardware RE boxes.

The iPlayer difference will be related to browser performance. The bbc have obviously tested the opera browser and coded in for the site to launch the new look iPlayer.
It's not built specifically for humax.. Xbox uses the new version too as does the ps3 and many other devices. Older and slower hardware that the beeb has tested will launch the old version, such as the wii.

I have not found the EPG to be slow on my 1.03.06 box, or on my older boxes now running 1.03.06.

My box is approx 2 yrs old - if I run 1.03.06 it definitely slows my epg, to a degree that is irritating enough to have made me revert to 1.02.32.

Is the Youtube app updated at all? I see you guys mentioning iplayer but im more of a youtube user in my house (ive probably seen every thomas the tank engine toy video) so any improvements to that would mean instant upgrade for me.

Back