Nicesplice - add bookmark via command line (without copy)

paranoidandroid

nicesplice has the '-addBookMark pos' option.

It adds bookmarks however it seems to require an output file, so it effectively duplicates the media & sidecar files for every bookmark. e.g.
Code:
nicesplice -in "Shooting Stars_20130218_2330" -out "test" -addBookMark 800

I've tried using decrypted, shrunk SD files without the '-out' option the source file is unchanged. I guess the '-out' option duplicates the streams so quality should be OK, but wasting disk space concerns me, as does overwriting files 10 or so times :)

I'm want to add several bookmarks to one recording so it seems inefficient to create many copies & then remove the intermediate files.
Is there any way around this?

My hope is to add some bookmarks to make ad skipping easier. I'm testing ffmpeg's silence detect feature to hopefully automate the process.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Have you tried specifying the add bookmark flag multiple times?

I could update the hmt utility to allow bookmark manipulation - that would be nice and quick as only the hmt file needs touching. I'll write an update.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Ha great point!

Code:
nicesplice -in "Shooting Stars_20130218_2330" -out "test" -addBookMark 800 -addBookMark 900 -addBookMark 1000
Added 3 bookmarks, cheers that will save me a few writes :)

I'll try testing the silence detect later and use the multiple args, cheers.

I could update the hmt utility to allow bookmark manipulation - that would be nice and quick as only the hmt file needs touching. I'll write an update.

Hi af123. Did you ever get a change to update the hmt utility to allow bookmark manipulation? I think it'd be a pretty handy feature.

Back