Power on Channel keeps reverting to Channel 200 (Red Button)

Anyway, I think I'll just set a manual reminder to channel 101, as it's clearly the Disable OTA package that is changing to channel 200.
Simply edit the existing anti-OTA schedule entry from 200 to 101 (or whatever). The disable-ota package won't add another one. Having said that, with an anti-OTA "reminder" schedule entry in place, you don't need the disable-ota package at all - it can only do its job at boot time (like POC), so if you never or rarely reboot disable-ota does no more than having the reminder set.

Nor do I want it to loose EPG, which seems to happen on channel 200.
That's news to us; some experiments are in order.

Oh, well, if you can't do it in the WebIF you can certainly do it via the SUI: Guide >> Schedule (yellow) >> [select entry "BBC Red Button"] >> OK >> [select desired service] >> OK

What firmware version are you using Ravi?

There were problems with EPG updates in earlier versions, See BH's notes, this may or may not be relevant since the circumstances are somewhat different.

"What firmware version are you using Ravi?"

Web interface version: 1.2.5-7
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

I've kept the Disable OTA, and just added a reminder for channel 101 between 04:45-50, so this morning it was on BBC1 HD.

This should fix the issue.

I don't know why being on channel 200 causes the EPG to have problems, it's on the same MUX as BBC1 HD, for me at least?

Regardless of your "always on" requirement, I have found it best to have some kind of reboot on a regular basis. Do you not suffer from system freezes? My three machines are nominally on 24/7, but I use the on/off timer mechanism to turn them off briefly in the early hours.

I'd say this year I have 3 lock-ups at most. Last year I had a lot of lock-ups, but this was due to a failing HDD.

I might add a reboot then in the early hours, I suppose it won't do any harm.

Actually, I'm not at all sure that a frozen system can act on an "off time". I still like a reboot though - without it, there are a lot of things the CF can't achieve.

I've kept the Disable OTA, and just added a reminder for channel 101 between 04:45-50, so this morning it was on BBC1 HD.
If you want the reminder to have a disable OTA influence then it needs to cover 4:29 to 4:31. That is why 4:20 to 4:40 has been used by some.

I don't know why being on channel 200 causes the EPG to have problems, it's on the same MUX as BBC1 HD, for me at least?
Channel 200 is not on the same mux as BBC1 HD. It is on the same MUX as BBC1 SD.
Should the two muxes be coming from different transmitters then this can cause the EPG not to be populated for some channels and missed recordings for channels on a mux where that mux has a regional variation.

Changing channel back to BBC1, and the EPG is back after a few minutes.
You need to tune the Humax so that it only receives from 1 transmitter to ensure that it stops this miss-behaviour

If you want the reminder to have a disable OTA influence then it needs to cover 4:29 to 4:31. That is why 4:20 to 4:40 has been used by some.
He's had enough pointers!

Channel 200 is not on the same mux as BBC1 HD. It is on the same MUX as BBC1 SD. Should the two muxes be coming from different transmitters then this can cause the EPG not to be populated for some channels and missed recordings for channels on a mux where that mux has a regional variation.

You need to tune the Humax so that it only receives from 1 transmitter to ensure that it stops this miss-behaviour
Excellent point.

Back