Recmon

rs 0.7.3 will show the same version number at both ends now (after a channel push).

Required a chanpush and a reboot to display 0.7.3. First few times didn't agree with redring recording end time, but now times are the same

Thanks for this mod it's exactly what I was looking for

I can now go on holiday and be reassured that key programmes have recorded

I'm getting a "recorded" message when I play back recordings that were recorded some time ago

Assume playing a recording must kick off recmon as well as deleting?

For some reason, I can't get recordings to show on RS. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

My RS recent activities only show my reboots. The last one being after upgrading RS and Webif earlier this evening.

I can see RS 0.7.3 in both webif and device in RS settings.

I was unsure from previous posts if I need to insta Recmon, so I installed it anyway.

Ah - I missed the recmon dependency in the new version of rs, thanks Ezra, that explains why it isn't working for everyone!

Would it be possible to add a function to recmon (unless it already exists) to get an instant check of recording status e.g. /mod/sbin/recmon -i could run 'status' and check for the presents of the words 'Recording' or 'will record' , then exit recmon and return say 2 for the presents of 'Recording' 1 for the presents of 'will record' and 0 for no recordings taking place or pending. I would like to run a few 'tidying' routines followed by a re-boot BUT only if safe to do so
EDIT
Maybe it would be better to make it a status option e.g. status -r

Not sure how many (if anybody else) need a safe-reboot but if you do, I came up with this :-
Code:
status | egrep -q  'Recording|Will record' && echo not safe to re-boot || reboot

Regarding RECMON
It's a helper package for use by other packages. It can be used to trigger an event whenever a recording ends,.

Recmon seems to have evolved continuously but now should or could a FOLDERMON helper package be possible. I probably shouldn't post this in this thread didn't think it worthy of a new one.

When the box boots its media menu starts at the first folder or if you have flatview it is at [flatview]. But every time you select media "processing" appears on the TV.Then Folder chances are remembered by the hdr.

Could a similar helper package monitor changes when folders are changed or media selection change ('trigger an event whenever a folder changes'). One reason I ask this is recently I tried to update the genre of a file using webif. Pressing the 'i' button on the remote the 'File Information' info on the TV did not update the genre until either the 1) folder was changed (Upper Folder >> Select folder again >>recording select >>'i') or 2) the media video screen disappeared after 180 secs of inactivity or 3) the altered recording was played (even if only for 1 sec).

My point? Just like recmon monitors for changes when a recording stops, processing occurs when a folder is selected or deselected so why not monitor those changes from boot. If that was possible then webif may be able to get what file/position in the media heriarchy would be displayed on screen if the 'Media' button of the remote is pressed and maybe allow website to play files remotely. Maybe just wishful thinking!

Maybe just wishful thinking!
I think so. Looking for patterns of continuous file reading or writing is one thing, but how is the CF supposed to recognise directory access patterns that may be associated with user input as opposed to other housekeeping? It would make more sense to monitor and parse RC input, although that can be bypassed with the front panel buttons.

Even if one could determine the current default location for the media pointer and apply dead reckoning from there to a target, there would be no way to trigger playback of a particular recording without the process playing out on screen (as if it were running a macro). Besides, while experimenting with macros using lots of cursor ups and downs in them, I found it notoriously unreliable at reproducing the same action every time.

Back