Red Ring still getting things wrong, blue LED when in standby

Funny that watching the same recording it seems it does not progress beyond 1:06. The progress bar stays there but the video still played for the last half hour. Might be related?
I have seen this before (I don't have redring installed). The box did not crash and reboot, but it became unresponsive to the remote and locked up part way through a timer recording. The buttons on the front panel also stopped working, but I could still get Telnet access. I rebooted after the scheduled end of the recording (Telnet) and the recording was there but seemed too short. The programme played back in full but the progress bar halted part way through. The recording (TS file) was complete but the HDR-FOX stopped writing to the sidecar file (NTS) part way through. You can fix the recording. If you bookmark the start and end of the programme and crop, the sidecars are fixed in the process.

Thank you for that, I watched it as it was. I wasn't able to ff through boring bits but that was ok. Good tip for future.

I have another version of redring under test.. Should be ready to release it soon.

Thanks. I had another 'blue ring' this morning. I wish I could think of a better way to say that!

What is it that you change between these RedRing versions? Is it just the timing of when it tries to do things?
Mostly now I'm just changing the sequence of operations or tweaking delays. I can't find an actual bug but I am working with reverse-engineered information.

.... The programme played back in full but the progress bar halted part way through. The recording (TS file) was complete but the HDR-FOX stopped writing to the sidecar file (NTS) part way through. You can fix the recording. If you bookmark the start and end of the programme and crop, the sidecars are fixed in the process.

If you are looking at such a file via on-TVscreen interface and don't have immediate web-if access, then you can just put one bookmark in at the start, and then 'crop' via on-TV interface [edit], [cut] Magic-Folders. This will also fix the faulty file by generating corrected sidecar files - and its quicker because you don't have to watch the programme all the way to the end in order to locate a second bookmark.

Mostly now I'm just changing the sequence of operations or tweaking delays. I can't find an actual bug but I am working with reverse-engineered information.

More information: I've never had the "blue ring" issue but occasionally see the red ring stay on after recording finish. A quick double click on the standby button clears it. It happens on two HDRs, both identically configured with the latest CF and Webif.

I had another blue ring on one of my HDRs this morning. Both boxes were updated to the latest version of redring as soon as it was released.

I have noticed an old problem with redring which seems to have returned with the latest versions. I have screen scrolling off and clock on, and normally see current time and elapsed time side by side when playing back. On occasions, usually after an ad skip or pause, the display alternates between real time only and the above every twenty seconds or so, almost as if something goes out of synch. This is usually reset at the next ad skip. Not a show stopper, but it is distracting.

I have had one incident on each of my HDRs although not at the same time. Days apart actually. So it's not 100% cured for me.

I have had one incident on each of my HDRs although not at the same time. Days apart actually. So it's not 100% cured for me.

Were they after a recording or and on/off timer? I've always found the timer more likely to provoke a blue LED incident.

Well, yes and no.

On Humax [Green] I turned it on when I got home from work 17:00'ish, but did not have cause to use it at all that evening. Not even to view live TV. I placed it into standby as usual before we retired to bed. So the unit had no interaction AT ALL from the moment I powered it on to the moment I turned it off. No timers fired etc either.

I do have the disable-ota with the default options so that will have fired over night.

Before I went to work I noticed the ring was blue the following morning.

The Humax [Orange] was used intensively on the day in question for viewing and recording. I have it set to auto shrink and auto decrypt. The box was powered off at night and the ring went orange, but in the morning it was blue (it also has the disable-ota package installed).

These occurrences were not on the dame day.

Back