Remote Scheduling Potential Conflicts

Yes. The only problem I had was that my BT Homehub 5 didn't seem to like the default port number (65432) used by the IR to IP boxes. The IR to IP boxes allow a port range of 10000 to 65535 (don't know why). When I changed the port numbers to 10000 (UDP 10000 10000 -> local IR to IP box) it worked OK.

Why do it when I could view them via catch-up services? I've found proxy servers a bit flakey when trying to access UK catch-up services from Abroad.
You think you will have more success trying to download recordings from the HDR-FOX from abroad? Search for posts by user "makem".

In reply to Black Hole, I've being doing this for the past year with 100% success. I get a transfer rate on the download of about 5Mbps (fibre in the UK - ADSL2 in Spain) so it's possible to download an evenings viewing overnight.

On the security front, this is a last resort so I'll only open the port on the router when I need to remotely remote control the box.
However, having said that, using "Shields-Up" to probe that port on my router shows it as "stealth" (closed?) when the port forward is active.
I'm no network Guru so I'll take the safest approach and only open the port when needed.

On the security front, this is a last resort so I'll only open the port on the router when I need to remotely remote control the box.
However, having said that, using "Shields-Up" to probe that port on my router shows it as "stealth" (closed?) when the port forward is active.
That makes sense. It just means that there's no response when sending packets to that port. The box likely doesn't bother replying to the incoming commands. No real need.

Yes, you're right Black Hole, I had read the Wiki in the past and knew about the ethernet interface not being available in standby, but I'd forgotten. The box may have been in Delinquent Half-Awake mode but I still have several old style sleep entries in the schedule that are probably forcing a shutdown, as well as using "Schedule Reboot" via the RS when I add new entries and hence I haven't been having schedule update problems. I don't have time in the next couple of days to test this further but I've ordered some IR over IP boxes to see if I can remotely control the boxes via the internet using the remote control. If I can, I'll remove all the extraneous stuff from the schedule and use this method (IR over IP) with a strategically placed webcam to see what's happening, to wake the boxes from standby remotely to activate the ethernet interface. This should allow me to add new programs quickly either via RS or the Web-if and download video over the internet using the Web-if.
Best way to control your box that way is a slingbox. I can use my T2 from anywhere in the world just as if I was in my lounge.

Last edited:
Slingbox doesn't have settings for the Humax HDR Fox T2 as standard, just some older Humax boxes and the freesat.

Slingbox doesn't have settings for the Humax HDR Fox T2 as standard, just some older Humax boxes and the freesat.
I'm sure that to start with my slingbox did find a remote, albeit not T2 standard, which could operate the T2. it's been a few years now. my problem started when I needed to change the physical remote to code 2 because conflict with another humax box. so off I went to remote codes forum, can't remember exactly and they helped me create a customised remote for T2 on remote code 2. I think I still have the files somewhere so if you want code 2 I may help you with that.

Back