[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Agreed, but I still would not have my HDD starting and stopping that many times.

I appreciate your dilemma.

Is there anyone else who feels the need to check for remote schedule items hourly? How often to you have the need to schedule a recording from away from home for immediate action?

With the RS automatic search&schedule, there is a week's notice of events - so a daily wake-up is plenty unless you insist on emergency action instead of good planning.

And yes, without dragging up any evidence it is commonly accepted that cycling is more wearing than constant running (although maybe not in the specific case of the HDD bearings). A light bulb left running lasts much longer than one turned on and off frequently, and there are many components in a HDD (and the rest of the HDR) that will be stressed by the on-off cycles.

I'm new to RS and getting my head round it. I don't know if I'll be able to plan ahead sufficiently until I'm away next time.

I have lots of RS auto searches set up but browse the newest day on the EPG each night.

Tonight I will be looking through Monday the 17th to schedule any recordings.

I have lots of RS auto searches set up but browse the newest day on the EPG each night.

Tonight I will be looking through Monday the 17th to schedule any recordings.

When I'm away at my parents I tend to try to watch things with them. Then if we're going out or they want to watch something else I find I can get as little as an hour's notice that I need to record it. That's how I've been using the YouView box which appears to poll quite frequently.

When I'm at home I plan my recordings a week ahead using the Radio Times on a Saturday morning. I don't intend using RS when I'm at home, I use the Humax's own EPG.

The YouView box (DTR-T1000) has become a pain because a software update last summer broke the HDMI to my TV so I'm using RGB SCART with it. It's clear now that YouView haven no intention of fixing this fault.

just donated a tenner; thanks for such a great service.

quick question, please: with Automatic Scheduling, if I want to get an event email that matches a keyword in either Name OR Synopsis, it looks like I need to set up two entries: one to search Name, and one for Synposis. Is that correct?

If so, would you please consider an RFE to have a single entry that does an OR search on Name & Synposis?

I tried putting a keyword in both fields, but that seems to be an AND search.

thanks much indeed.

At present you will have to set up your keyword in twice, once in Name and once in Synopsis, there are some notes on RS >> Auto HERE. There is an 'OR' option for searches on the same field (not what you want, I know), e.g. any year from 2009 to 2013, using :-

+(2009 2010 2011 2012 2013)

Then if we're going out or they want to watch something else I find I can get as little as an hour's notice that I need to record it.
Record everything you might want to watch, then if you do happen to watch it live delete the recording. Simples. You can even do that through RS too.

Hi,
I'm new to Remote Scheduling and have spent a happy hour or so reading the how to at the "Wiki-hummy-tv-remote-scheduling" to try and get my (rather old) head around it all but have fallen over at the second hurdle.

After accepting the T's and C's I was presented with my schedule and was even alerted about a clash of recordings which would have caught me out tonight. I've now dealt with that so onto a practice 'remote schedule'. Unfortunately I'm not able to do a practice run as neither the 'now next' or 'grid style' EPG are populated. When I click on EPG I'm offered Guide, but 'Search EPG' is greyed out. Clicking on Guide just gives me the headings. How do I get the Guide to populate? I have re-booted my T2 HDR a few times and I have tried accessing the Hummypkg Remote Scheduling with IE9, Google Chrome and Firefox and all give the same results - unpopulated EPG.

Web interface version: 1.0.10-2
Custom firmware version: 2.18 (build 1707)
Humax Version: 1.02.32
rs 1.0.7

Any ideas please?

Click the 'settings' button at the top of the screen (on the rs site), then check the setting 'EPG Favourites Group' in the devices box. It's probably set to a Favourites group on your Humax which doesn't contain any channels. Change this setting to none, click save and then go back to the EPG page and it should now show all the channels you've got tuned in.

The RS guide is normally populated automatically, however you can force the process to speed up by going to Web-If >> Diagnostics and replacing the word "general" with one of the options below listed in the WiKi HERE, followed by clicking on 'Run Diagnostic' :-

• rs/chanpush = Initiates an instant send of channel information to Remote Scheduling server
  • rs/checkin = force a Remote Schedule update with :- /mod/sbin/rs_process now
  • rs/muxdump = runs /mod/bin/rs epg
  • rs/push = sends TBL_RESERVATION schedule and pending schedule data to RS Server
  • rs/sync = clear the local state cache and synchronise everything

Click the 'settings' button at the top of the screen (on the rs site), then check the setting 'EPG Favourites Group' in the devices box. It's probably set to a Favourites group on your Humax which doesn't contain any channels. Change this setting to none, click save and then go back to the EPG page and it should now show all the channels you've got tuned in.

Already set to None but see my reply to #452. Thanks for your quick reply.

Can't reply to #452 as it has a link in it and I haven't posted enough, even though I deleted the quote. Getting a bit out of my comfort zone here but with careful reading from Ezra's link I tried rs/chanpush and the EPG is now populated. Thanks guys.

The RS web site now supports encryption so you will be redirected to a secure version of the site next time you visit. If you upgrade the rs package on your Humax to version 1.1.0 then communication between the Humax and server will also be encrypted.

Thankyou very much for implementing this. I'm not sure if anyone other than myself asked for it, so I'm very grateful.

Thankyou very much for implementing this. I'm not sure if anyone other than myself asked for it, so I'm very grateful.
Is it working for you over IPv6? The IP addresses had to change to support the encryption but it's looking ok from here.

The RS web site now supports encryption so you will be redirected to a secure version of the site next time you visit. If you upgrade the rs package on your Humax to version 1.1.0 then communication between the Humax and server will also be encrypted.
It needn't be related, but is this why I've just had to re-enter my user ID/password on the website for the first time in a long time?

Back