[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Just a small remote scheduling website issue to report. Currently when I view the rs website on my android phone the Google ad on the home page obstructs the button to view the top 100 most popular programs. I use that feature a lot on the go is it possible to move the ad slightly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-27-09-37-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-27-09-37-52.png
    250 KB · Views: 23
Usually, IME, layout bugs like this are the result of invalid HTML. But I don't use RS...

No, because clearly it impossible for one person to test all browsers on all platforms.
What I am saying is that invalid HTML renders incorrectly on some platforms and that the likelihood of valid HTML rendering correctly is higher.

No, because clearly it impossible for one person to test all browsers on all platforms.
What I am saying is that invalid HTML renders incorrectly on some platforms and that the likelihood of valid HTML rendering correctly is higher.
That's less dogmatic than what you said before.

It displays ok on the android chrome browser actually so it's not a big issue for me.
Tell I lie! Doesn't display on android chrome either - just depends on how many queued items I have. Any more than 2 and the ad shift over and covers the button...

Not a big issue though.

Not sure if this the right way to do this, I posted this as a new thread and it was suggested that I re-post it here in this RS thread.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, apologies if it has and has been turned down.

I've had occasions when I've been away from home and a box has locked up requiring a power cycle to restore it. I have the ability to do this remotely using X10 switches but sometimes don't notice that this has happened.

Would it be possible to have the remote scheduler send an email if the box has not been seen for a predetermined time? Either a set interval of say 2 hours or preferably by the ability to set this on a per box basis via the remote scheduling website.

I think the interval of 2 Hours is too small, unless you keep your Humax permanently out of standby the Remote Scheduler will find many periods in excess of 2 hours when the Humax has not been seen, the RS won't 'see' the Humax when it is in standby

I agree with EP, 2 hours is far too short.
I would suggest something over 24 hours.
If, like me, you turn the box off when not in use but run disable-ota then it only turns on once a day when away from home (ignoring recording).
A 2 hour default would then be useless.

In fact the default should be "no notification" as most of us could not restart the box remotely anyway!

I do keep the boxes out of standby for the majority of the time as I am often in Spain for a month at a time and keep them out of standby to make them accessible during the day to be able to setup new programs and also transfer files over the internet to Spain for viewing there. I quite often suffer from the boxes locking up when they are rebooted to add new programs into the schedule and often have to resort to remotely powering the box off and back on again to recover access to it. I suggested 2 hours as when the boxes lock up, any programs that are scheduled get missed so the quicker I notice it, the quicker I can power cycle it (I can do this via an app on my mobile phone).

My preference, if possible, would be to be able to set up the interval from the Remote Scheduling server e.g. have a field on the home screen that says "Notify via email if no response from box for nn hours" where nn would be an input box where you could enter the time in hours. I assume that this should be possible as this screen already tells you the date and time the box was last seen. This would be the most flexible and cover everybody's varying requirements.

Problems have been reported by users that run their Humax continuously, it may be better to set daily reminders that wake the box up for a block of time and then place it back into standby, several reminders could be set to wake up for a few hours each, this way there will always be at least one standby period per day which tends to make the Humax more stable

My preference, if possible, would be to be able to set up the interval from the Remote Scheduling server e.g. have a field on the home screen that says "Notify via email if no response from box for nn hours" where nn would be an input box where you could enter the time in hours. I assume that this should be possible as this screen already tells you the date and time the box was last seen. This would be the most flexible and cover everybody's varying requirements.
Sounds like a plan. I will put it on the todo list!

Sounds like a plan. I will put it on the todo list!

Thanks af123, not too high a priority for me as I have implemented a batch file that pings the boxes every 5 minutes and sends an email if there is no response from a box. However, using RS would be a better option as I have to have my AV server running 24/7 to run the batch file.

Just a small remote scheduling website issue to report. Currently when I view the rs website on my android phone the Google ad on the home page obstructs the button to view the top 100 most popular programs. I use that feature a lot on the go is it possible to move the ad slightly?
It displays/displayed fine on my android phone, boatbrowser.

Yes. I don't seem to have that ad on my screen. I may give you a screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-15-08-53-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-15-08-53-31.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 12
I've now implemented this in RS. The number of hours is set, per device, on the settings screen and defaults to 0 hours which means that you will never be notified. You will also only be notified once per period of absence.

2014-08-18%2016_09_11-nero.png

I've now implemented this in RS. The number of hours is set, per device, on the settings screen and defaults to 0 hours which means that you will never be notified. You will also only be notified once per period of absence.

2014-08-18%2016_09_11-nero.png

Thanks af123, I've set up each box with a 2 hour interval and will do some testing to check it out.

I've noticed that the red last seen message at the top of the webpage that shows the date and time last contacted has stopped being updated. the last date and time was around 5pm on the 18th August (give or take a few minutes) on each box. I can still schedule new programs and force a reboot of a box so I assume that the boxes are still contacting the server.

Back