[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Great new feature, but I have also noticed a couple of teething problems. If you have multiple Humax boxes registered, but you only input a 'warn if not seen value' for one of these boxes this setting actually carries over and applies to all registered units, though the value still appears to be zero for the other units in the settings page.
While the 'recent activity' log table is still working fine, for me the red text at the top of the page that reports when 'last seen' seems to have stopped updating some time on Monday: the e-mailer appears to be using this value as the trigger to send warning e-mails.
The 'scheduled events' table seems mostly OK, but on one box on Monday I unscheduled two series recordings. These scheduling actions appear to be still pending in this table, but I can tell from the 'recent activity' log table that they have been successfully removed from the schedule on the Humax.

Edit. The scheduled events table has now sorted itself out. The above issue (now in blue text) looks like a red herring.

Last edited:
...I've noticed that the red last seen message at the top of the webpage that shows the date and time last contacted has stopped being updated...

Me too on both my active boxes. In my case, the last reported time was Monday 18th.

Great new feature, but I have also noticed a couple of teething problems. If you have multiple Humax boxes registered, but you only input a 'warn if not seen value' for one of these boxes this setting actually carries over and applies to all registered units, though the value still appears to be zero for the other units in the settings page.
While the 'recent activity' log table is still working fine, for me the red text at the top of the page that reports when 'last seen' seems to have stopped updating some time on Monday: the e-mailer appears to be using this value as the trigger to send warning e-mails.
The 'scheduled events' table seems mostly OK, but on one box on Monday I unscheduled two series recordings. These scheduling actions appear to be still pending in this table, but I can tell from the 'recent activity' log table that they have been successfully removed from the schedule on the Humax.

This is happening for my boxes as well.

I set a warning for 24 hours, as I have the box set to wake every night so that it will add recordings I have set remotely.

I have had an email saying that the box has not been seen in 38 hours but this is the recent activity:

2018 08 20 - Remote Scheduling - Recent Activity.png

I've just enabled this feature too (also set for 24 hours), and I've also just received the email saying my box hasn't been seen since 5:01pm on Monday 18th August. Af123 I notice you've only just fixed the problem, do I need to update any packages on my box for this fix to take effect, or was it a fix on the rs server? If the former then I'll sit tight, however if it's the latter then there may still be an issue?

I set a warning for 24 hours, as I have the box set to wake every night so that it will add recordings I have
This does raise the point, if you are away and your box is only waking once every 24 hours should you really set the warning to 25 hours ...

Nothing needs doing on the boxes, RS will now start spotting activity again and keeping the last seen field up-to-date.

I'm still getting recordings not showing up on the Recent Activity log, this was mentioned in another thread has anyone seen a pattern to it?

The RS Schedule conflict checker has sent me an E-mail showing the lower 3 items in the list, whereas it is the top 3 that are conflicting, Note the bottom item is also a reminder rather than a recording

conflict.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see the first three conflicting. First event 22:00 for 30 mins finishes before third is scheduled 22:35 ...

I don't see the first three conflicting. First event 22:00 for 30 mins finishes before third is scheduled 22:35 ...
Yes, you're right, I was adding 10Mins. of padding to the end of #1 rather than #2. I guess the conflict checker treats reminders the same as recordings which is correct when 3 MUXs are used, but in this case there are less than 3

The EPG on the RS site seems to not have updated for a couple of days now. What's up?
Channel 5 have done something strange with the EPG data for Hollyoaks which is causing problems for the EPG parsing software on the Humax. I've released a fixed package so data should start coming back into RS now.

Back