[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

A solution would be to expand all recurring events to their individual scheduled instances before conflict checking is performed.
Future recordings do not become live in the schedule until 1) the event is within the EPG window of the current day + 7 days; and 2) an earlier matching event has occurred. Thus, the conflict warning appears to me to be happening at the correct time if it is the live events that are being checked. However, when there are multiple events within the EPG window, these are accessible for inspection from the SUI event schedule browser Guide >> Schedule (Yellow), and it seems to me it would be possible for the RS to advise of a potential subsequent conflict - but only within the EPG window.
I thought you were good in this humax coding business.
MymsMan has heroically picked up the detectads development based on the previously existing code, but that is all (as far as I know).

This is becoming more of an issue as broadcasters show an increasing number of back to back episodes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@BlackHole - that level of RS checking was all that I had had in mind. It seemed a feasible and beneficial addition to the wish list.

Talking of conflict checking, I think I've reported this before, but got another conflict warning today, where the conflict involves duplicate events.

Conflicts have been detected in your recording schedule on humax1.
The following events conflict:

102 BBC TWO HD Wed 28/10/15 19:00 - 21:00: Gymnastics: World Championships
106 BBC FOUR HD Wed 28/10/15 20:00 - 21:00: New: Premium Bond with Mark Gatiss...

Talking of conflict checking, I think I've reported this before, but got another conflict warning today, where the conflict involves duplicate events.

106 BBC FOUR HD Wed 28/10/15 20:00 - 21:00: New: Premium Bond with Mark Gatiss...
I have got exactly the same duplication. What the hell is going on?

Cd, did your hhummy fail to record yesterday's gymnastics from 7? That is Wednesday.

My Humax did record both programmes successfully, as one might hope, given there was no real conflict.

I got a similar email for tonight's gymnastics:

101 BBC ONE HD Thu 29/10/15 20:30 - 21:00: EastEnders
6 ITV2 Thu 29/10/15 19:00 - 20:00: New: The Xtra Factor
102 BBC TWO HD Thu 29/10/15 19:00 - 21:00: Gymnastics: World Championships
102 BBC TWO HD Thu 29/10/15 19:00 - 21:00: Gymnastics: World Championships

and again it recorded all three programmes (sadly; I was hoping that Xtra crap would fail).

Here's a wild stab at a guess.

The gymnastics is being shown on both BBC One and Two, depending on the day. Since I don't trust them, I have added both as series.

Looking at the linking, it looks like the series involves progs on both channels. That might mean that recording both series causes two instances of some programmes to be flagged as desired.

If the conflict checking were done purely on date/time, as seems likely, it might not notice that two of the conflicting progs have the same code (if they even do).

Perhaps the conflict checking in RS should double-check that the conflicts are not on the same channel, and make them unique if they are?

The gymnastics is being shown on both BBC One and Two, depending on the day. Since I don't trust them, I have added both as series.
You are right that a single series will not work across channels (i.e. BBC1 and BBC2) I record F1 and the practice is often on BBC2 and the race on BBC1. I have to have two series recordings set to record both.

I've been getting some very odd conflict messages recently. Here's the latest. Mr Humax says there's a conflict. I don't think there is - but what do I know?

image.jpeg

I have also been unable to resolve these conflicts by cancelling via the WebIf RS - the message doesn't seem to get through. Is there a way to resolve this?

the curse of double booking strikes again

how can you get more details in rs recent activity log under found event / successfully scheduled (I need more info on the time/date of event scheduled)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 13
It gets better:

Code:

101 BBC ONE HD      Sat 31/10/15 13:30 - 16:15: Gymnastics: World Championships

The duplicate channels are a new one on me. Can you post your unique device ID so I can investigate? I also think that there is a debug option at the top of the RS screen that gives more details - the output from that would be interesting.

The duplicate channels are a new one on me. Can you post your unique device ID so I can investigate? I also think that there is a debug option at the top of the RS screen that gives more details - the output from that would be interesting.

thanks.

Unique Identifier 9202731965

sorry, I couldn't see any debug option - where exactly?

thanks much...

I have had a duplicate recording, I didn't see it on the schedule.

Strange that one of the recordings is only 5 minutes long as all of our recordings are just padded -5 and +5

2015 11 18 - Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax) - Dulpicate Recording.png

I would like to make a feature request.

I am not an IT guru, so I have no idea how simple this might be, but as many of us here seem to run multiple boxes would it be possible to integrate multiple machines into a single RS homepage schedule listing. I keep discovering that I have set the same recording on more than one machine. Conflict resolution would be easier too.

I am sure that integration may be possible in the EPG page as well, but the homepage would be a good start as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the Remote Scheduling Portal still sending out event emails?
None have arrived for a couple of weeks when they should have. I have checked junk, spam folders etc.

Back