Strange RS web page

antipodean

While setting up next weeks programs the RS Visual web page has suddenly truncated its entries.

Untitled.jpg

There should be entries for every day, there was earlier after entering a couple of programs, and then I went to check how they fitted in the matrix, and this is what it shows.

The entries on the Home page seem to be complete, and the entries on the machine itself seem to be all correct.

Seems OK here on casual inspection. Are you sure there wasn't a break in communications which truncated the page load?

I still have a full visual schedule display.

Does the Visual schedule display correctly when using the webif? (Schedule page- Visual Schedule tab)
What is the next scheduled recording after Handmade?

I still have a full visual schedule display.

Does the Visual schedule display correctly when using the webif? (Schedule page- Visual Schedule tab)
What is the next scheduled recording after Handmade?

Yes, that displays correctly (see below). The RS page is still doing the same this morning, so whatever is causing the truncation is still happening. I've tried reloading the RS page, but it just doesn't want to play ball. The home page with the list of programs seems to have everything present though.

Untitled.jpg

Strange, My first thoughts had been that it was some odd character in the first missing programme name that was causing the problem but I doubt that Abandoned Engineering would cause that

My current thought is that it is an artefact of the Daylight saving change and AE crossing the day change (I assume it is the Yesterday Sun 29 Oct 2023 23:20 episode)

Hopefully by Monday normal service will be resumed

My current thought is that it is an artefact of the Daylight saving change and AE crossing the day change (I assume it is the Yesterday Sun 29 Oct 2023 23:20 episode)

Hopefully by Monday normal service will be resumed
Confirmed, I scheduled that series of Abandoned and my Visual display went awry as well

The absence of other posts relating to dodgy EPGs seems to confirm the success of the time change fixes made in the webif - they used to be an annual occurence

Confirmed, I scheduled that series of Abandoned and my Visual display went awry as well

The absence of other posts relating to dodgy EPGs seems to confirm the success of the time change fixes made in the webif - they used to be an annual occurence
I had been wondering if the daylight saving had anything to do with it as well, and was waiting to see what it showed tomorrow.
But you have shown it is that particular program that does it - I too wonder what would make it screw up the web page.

Still everything looks OK on the machine, so everything should record fine. Thanks for confirming the cause.

TGFT. I incinerated a lot of brian cells on all that trying to make it work properly. Just need @af123 to use the same ideas in RS now, if indeed that is the cause.

But you have shown it is that particular program that does it - I too wonder what would make it screw up the web page.
It is not Abandoned specifically that is causing a problem but Any programme that starts after Sunday 23:00, probably because Sunday has 25 hours!
I tried scheduling MOTD and Uncanny and they both also caused problems in RS Visual display.
Will try something that ends after 23:00 next! UPDATE That does work

TGFT. I incinerated a lot of brian cells on all that trying to make it work properly. Just need @af123 to use the same ideas in RS now, if indeed that is the cause.
You've done a very good job :doublethumbsup:,

Last edited:
It is not Abandoned specifically that is causing a problem but Any programme that starts after Sunday 23:00, probably because Sunday has 25 hours!
I tried scheduling MOTD and Uncanny and they both also caused problems in RS Visual display.
Will try something that ends after 23:00 next! UPDATE That does work

You've done a very good job :doublethumbsup:,

Ah, that makes sense. and yes, qudos to prpr for getting the webif correct. :doublethumbsup::clap_::dance:

Back