Sweeper not running automatically

Pixel Eyes

I have recently started exploring the excellent Sweeper package. I have created rules to rename Coronation Street episodes to include the day of the week (following DelftBlue's idea mentioned in another thread) thus:

# rename file
!filename y action {renamefile {%title - %hhmm %longday %date %shortmonth %year}}
# rename medialist title
!title y action {settitle {%title - %longday}}

If I run Test config, the result is what I am after. However, I must be doing something wrong because the file name and medialist title don't get updated automatically no matter how long I wait.

If I run the sweeper/test Diagnostic then the filename and title both get amended. It just never happens without manual intervention.

I did notice a line in the Diagnostic report:

21/08/2014 10:12 - Error opening sweeper ruleset (/mod/etc/sweeper.conf), /mod/etc/sweeper.conf: No such file or directory

Could this be the problem?

21/08/2014 10:12 - Error opening sweeper ruleset (/mod/etc/sweeper.conf), /mod/etc/sweeper.conf: No such file or directory
Could this be the problem?

Yes. At present, sweeper doesn't run automatically unless there is something in the global sweeper ruleset. You can just add a disabled dummy rule if you don't need anything in there.

Back