System flush

Yes thanks, I've downloaded it, renamed and copied it on to a USB stick. All ready to go when I get the time.

BTW this morning the unit had the red ring displayed and was frozen. Did power off/on and it worked immediately.

Checked the recordings; all there, the last one beginning at 0422 this morning. Crucially, this began after the daily update (is that still a thing? I used to have it disabled via web-if (is that still relevant now my package management list is empty, or is that a native humax thing that FW disabled?)

Just to be clear, when I attempt this I'll use the RMA option on web-if, before reinstalling the original humax FW as supplied by Black Hole?

What about removing web-if itself, as I'm sure someone mentioned that this could be a trigger for my unit's ills? Is this necessary?

RMA
Reboot
Standard Firmware
System Flush
will get rid of everything CFW related.

OK thanks, so I've got to USB the standard firmware, then USB the system flush immediately after? should I use the press standby in between each one as you're usually instructed to do, or just quickly replace the USB with the next upgrade? I hope you understand what I mean?

Interestingly (to me anyway) the unit has been frozen for the last three mornings, twice with red ring, once with blue. Upon power off/on it has come to life straight away and still hasn't missed any recordings. This is a weird development indeed!

Roll on Monday when I get to do the big reset!

Last edited:
Strange that it never crashed before though? Since I removed the stuff from web-if it's happened nightly. Or again just coincidence and signs of a rapidly failing unit? And the fact that crashes are happening during the night after set recordings occur is a weird one, through my naive eyes anyway.

Hello again. I've finally got round to resetting everything via RMA. Original FW installed and system flush performed. It's currently scanning for channels.

One final question. Web-if just says 'unit in RMA mode'. Can I leave it like that and never use web-if again, or would I need to use telnet to exit RMA?

Last edited:
If you've installed the standard firmware there is no WebIf. If you've done a system flush there is no RMA flag to clear.

If you've installed the standard firmware there is no WebIf. If you've done a system flush there is no RMA flag to clear.

Oh OK thanks.

Initial reports seem to suggest that the problem persists, ie the cycling upon start up, then working after it goes into standby. Therefore all the assumptions about capacitors appear correct , not that there was any doubt in any of your minds!!
I've decided to stop using it, watch everything that is recorded (not much luckily), then properly format it, test and sell if it resets itself.

The end of an era, I can't think when it was that i first owned one, would approaching 20 years be about right, or is that longer than they've existed?

The next step is the ordering of a EE pro tv box, with an option to get a new functioning humax t2 if we don't get on. Or possibly the manhatten 4 if reviews are good when it is finally released?

cheers all

The end of an era, I can't think when it was that i first owned one, would approaching 20 years be about right, or is that longer than they've existed?

Web-if just says 'unit in RMA mode'.
That implies you have not installed the standard firmware. If the unit were running on standard firmware, attempts to access the WebIF would just come up with nothing (and a browser time-out).

Last edited:
Initial reports seem to suggest that the problem persists, ... not that there was any doubt in any of your minds!!
Indeed.
I think it's only about 2009.

I've decided to stop using it, watch everything that is recorded (not much luckily), then properly format it, test and sell if it resets itself.
I came across this thread while reading up on the System Flush. If you're really going to to dispose of your HDR T2, please PM me. Maybe we can come to an arrangement?

Back