Transmission downgrade

InfernoJaffa

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to say very well done on the custom firmware, I have been using it for around a year now and become more dependent on it by the day.

I have now joined a private torrent site which has an approved list of torrent programs. This site states that all versions above 2.03 including web-gui versions are not allowed.

Would it be possible to downgrade my transmission to 2.03?

I have read on the forums that it is possible to downgrade but only provides details for v2.42:
af123: Yes, but you need to use telnet and then use the opkg command explicitly on the URL for the old version.
humax# opkg install REMOVEDASNOLINKSALLOWED/hdrfoxt2/base/transmission_2.42_mipsel.opk

Any help would be appreciated.

Most (but not all), old versions are available for download / installation directly to the Humax as in your link above, or to a computer using a link such as :-
http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/transmission_2.42_mipsel.opk, however, version 2.03 is not available from this site, as the date for Transmission Version 2.42 I have is from April 2012 some 3.5 Years ago, I am wondering if version 2.03 was ever made available as a CFW package, I suspect it wasn't

Last edited:
Most (but not all), old versions are available for download / installation directly to the Humax as in your link above, or to a computer using a link such as :- DELETED, however, version 2.03 is not available from this site, as the date for Transmission Version 2.42 I have is from April 2012 some 3.5 Years ago, I am wondering if version 2.03 was ever made available as a CFW package, I suspect it wasn't
Thanks for your reply Erza.

How hard is creating my own CFW package?

I have no knowledge of this but if it was well documented and not too difficult (assuming it's even possible) it may be something for me to explore.

It may be another push for me to purchase a NAS drive which will seed torrents all day long as well as back up my personal files.

I think that is the better way to go. Buy the right NAS and there will be less restriction on its capability for customisation compared with the Humax.

I think that is the better way to go. Buy the right NAS and there will be less restriction on its capability for customisation compared with the Humax.
Thanks for your reply Black Hole.

I am thinking along the same lines but will be a long term goal now due to costs. I have started to look into the Synology NAS drives, they look to be user friendly, have a lot of support and an impressive OS.

Going slightly off subject, has anyone had any experience with NAS/Synology or any sort of HTPC setup?
I have a well speced i7 PC that tends to catch dust these days, I am thinking of Using it as a HTPC but not sure about power usage as its possibly too overkill for a HTPC setup.

I have now joined a private torrent site which has an approved list of torrent programs. This site states that all versions above 2.03 including web-gui versions are not allowed.

Find a sensible torrent site that doesn't impose ridiculous restrictions on which torrent software you can use. None of the torrent software available has any of the various flaws that site admins claim (they generally waffle on about leaking stuff on DHT or Peer Exchange), except for one ancient version of one torrent software (I forget which one). The fact that this site imposes such restrictions tells me that they don't know what they're talking about and the admin(s) are just on an ego trip. Find somewhere that knows what they're talking about.

Back