Virtual disk

makem

Copied a 1.4gb SD file to the virtual disk using the remote. It took about 10 minutes to decrypt and copy.

I fxp'd it and it took less than 5 minutes.

So when we can copy/cut/paste to the virtual disk it should be as quick or quicker than fxping.

I have never used the 'decrypt in place' but it probably takes the same length of time?

I then tried to fxp the same file to the usb folder media/drive1/test/. This time I received an error - '550 Invalid argument' for each of the 4 files. I would be interested to know the cause of the error.

I realise by "fxp" you mean "file xfer protocol", but to avoid confusing the less geeky could you please stick to convention and use the term FTP.

I realise by "fxp" you mean "file xfer protocol", but to avoid confusing the less geeky could you please stick to convention and use the term FTP.

File eXchange Protocol, an inter-server data transmission protocol

I open FlashFXP, connect to the media folder and choose a file. In the same FlaskFXP instance, I connect to the virtual disk. I then initiate a transfer between the two folders = FXP using FTP. The files do not come to my pc. They go straight from one folder to the next.

That how I, an non tech understand it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_eXchange_Protocol

OK, apologies.

However, I am dubious whether the FTP server in the Humax is able to support FXP requests. What do the gurus think?

OK, apologies.

However, I am dubious whether the FTP server in the Humax is able to support FXP requests. What do the gurus think?

No need for apology.

It does and it did. I will show a picture in action:

Attachments

• fxp.JPG
    fxp.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 15
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm trying to do exactly this with a foxsat hdr, but copies fail straight away, have tried turning off passive mode, tried tinyftp and vsftpd to no avail. Any ideas?

I think you will get more response to you question if you post it in the foxsat hdr forum, there doesn't seem to be many users that have both the HDR-Fox T2 (Freeview) and the Foxsat HDR (Freesat)

Back