[webif-channelicons]

I've added a few of the missing ones. I'll do the rest when I get some more time..

Who created the original icons with the glass look to them?
If they can point me to the software they used to create the icons I don't mind creating any that are missing.

The Photoshop template for creating new icons with the glass look is available at http://hpkg.tv/ss/Icon_Template.psd and the source images can be found at http://mediaportal-uk-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TV/Simple200/

I ran a retune on a HD-FOX last night and spotted this - I deleted it presuming it is a junk channel, am I wrong? Channel5+24 on LCN 55 seems to have sneaked in without a retune - when did that happen (and how)?

I ran a retune on a HD-FOX last night and spotted this - I deleted it presuming it is a junk channel, am I wrong?
I believe it is a temporary channel showing very old episodes of Bonanza and other ancient US series.
Channel5+24 on LCN 55 seems to have sneaked in without a retune - when did that happen (and how)?
5 Later was renamed to Channel 5+24 on 4th February.

Lots of old Sherlocks too. Haven't looked at the EPG but I'm getting daily emails about the Sherlock episodes.

Hopefully this is the appropriate place to post this.

Last night when I was viewing the EPG via the WebIf, I noticed that the BBC One NWest channel icon was missing. I am sure it was there previously. Strangely, when I accessed the EPG, via the WebIf, on my second HDR, the same icon was missing there too.

TBH, I don't know when they might have disappeared, but I can be sure that they were there once!

I have tried the obvious power cycle, they are still proving elusive.

It is a minor issue, but just wondered if anyone could offer an explanation or even a resolution.

Thanks.

I thought that all the different BBC One regions used the same 'BBC One' icon , so that the only difference was the wording, e.g. :-

BBC-one-reginal.png

That is my understanding too. However, the fact remains that I no longer have a channel icon of any sort on channel 1 (BBC One NWest) on either HDR. I don't know why or when it vanished!

EDIT: The mongoose error log has this entry:

>>> Contents of /var/log/mongoose_error.log 212 bytes
[1395339282] [error] [client 192.168.0.100] GET /img/channels/out/BBC ONE N West.png: Error 404: Not Found
[1395339290] [error] [client 192.168.0.100] GET /img/channels/out/COMMUNITY HD.png: Error 404: Not Found

It looks like af123 has names for all the BBC ONE regions, but they are linked to common files
Code:
/mnt/hd2/mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    16 Feb 22 01:33 BBC ONE NWest.png -> ../x/BBC ONE.png

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Feb 22 01:33 COMMUNITY.png -> ../x/Community.png

I think there is a problem with the link names, there is no space between 'N' and 'West' and there is no 'HD' after 'COMMUNITY'

Now you point it out to me, I can see that there is now a space between the 'N' and 'West' when I view the VFD on the HDR unit itself. I am sure that the space didn't use to be there.

I did do a full retune the other day on both units. It is possible that the channel was 'renamed' then.

Perhaps if someone else did a retune, they might have the same issue.

There have been a few tweaks to the BBC ONE lineup recently, including the addition of spaces in some of the names.

BBC ONE NWest -> BBC ONE N West
BBC ONE SWest -> BBC ONE S West
BBC ONE SEast -> BBC ONE S East
BBC ONE OXF -> BBC ONE Oxford

I will catch up with the missing logos as soon as I can.

Confirmed. The 'lost' icon has returned! Thanks.

One small thing, and this probably isn't the right place to post, but now the new BBC One N West channel name takes up slightly more screen space in the EPG channel column, the 't' in N West, gets cut off. Could that column be widened ever so slightly?

Back