[webif] Web Interface 1.2.x

We have the incorrect folder items again:

2015 08 25 - Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax) - Frightfest Folder.png

2015 08 25 - Humax HDR Fox T2 (humax) - Frightfest Contents.png

The previous issue we had with the Radio Recordings folder I pointed out in post #22 is sorted and now showing the correct number of items.

I just update from 1.2.4-1 to 1.2.4-2 and got an error (of sorts) message:
Code:
>>> opkg upgrade webif
Upgrading webif on root from 1.2.4-1 to 1.2.4-2...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.2.4-2_mipsel.opk.
SMART: (PASSED)
realloc: 0
spinretry: 0
pending: 0
offline: 0
Configuring webif.
Collected errors:
* resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /mod/webif/html/css/EXTRA.css-opkg.
What, if anything, shoukd I do in response?

Hello,
I still find that auto de-dup breaks the unwatched flag, especially on large and very large folders.
Still not sure if its my disk or the fact that the folders are so large. It fixes if I use the Web-IF the fix flag.
Thanks

The more I test, the more sure I am that its not a disk error. If its a disk error the 'fix flag' command in WebIF does not fix it.
So it only seems to happen in very large folders so that's 239files (85GB) and 431files (237GB). I was thinking that maybe the 'de-dup' command before has not finished before the 'fix-flag' command is run or the auto code does not allow time for the fix command to run. It does take about 5sec to run when I run it from WebIF.
Sorry feel like I've mentioned this more than I should but I'm guessing not many people have such large folders.
Hope you have a good bank holiday......
:)

I keep getting a message along the lines that content sharing is disabled on our Humax, I've checked on the box though and it is definitely enabled.

I keep getting a message along the lines that content sharing is disabled on our Humax, I've checked on the box though and it is definitely enabled.

Yes I have seen that too, but it cleared on a page refresh. I didn't have to turn it off/on. Everything appears to be working normally.

I just put it down to 'one of those things'.

Ours is working fine too, just keep getting the message on the WebIF.

Not a major problem, just wondered if something required my attention to stop it.

I've seen this as well now. Straight after a reboot, I went into the media browser and there was a line of warning at the top saying that content sharing was disabled, and no DLNA icons appeared with the listing. I refreshed the page and all was back to normal. Maybe this is a transient effect while the server sorts itself out after a boot?

I have found an anomaly in the EPG system. Select a series programme that is currently on air and you get the usual programme details pop-up, the 'record series' button seems to be a paler colour but still reacts, and a 'reboot required' warning appears at the top of the page. Go to the schedule page however, and there is nothing in the pending queue.

In my experience, it has never been possible to select 'Record Series' (or 'Record programme') for any programme that is currently being transmitted, it only works for future programmes, so I guess the Web-If EPG should no be reacting to the request at all
BTW
I have never understood why the Humax won't allow the recording of future episodes of a series while viewing the 'current' programme in the series

Last edited:
I just tried this from the web interface and got the exact same result as BH the first time round, although no colour difference in the buttons was apparent. Just looked like a normal button to me. However, when I tried it a second time I got the message "Error, cannot record programme which has already started showing or occurred in the past." instead. Could it depend on how close to the start of the program you are when you select record ?

In my experience, it has never been possible to select 'Record Series' (or 'Record programme') for any programme that is currently being transmitted, it only works for future programmes, so I guess the Web-If EPG should no be reacting to the request at all
BTW
I have never understood why the Humax won't allow the recording of future episodes of a series while viewing the 'current' programme in the series

I think this is a relatively new check, I feel sure that in the past I have scheduled recordings and then had them ignored because the current event has already passed by the time the next reboot occurs.

It would be nice if when selecting record series and the specific episode has passed it started the series recording with the next scheduled episode rather then deleting the request. - it is a PITA to have to manually find the next episode and then select record.

It would be nice if when selecting record series and the specific episode has passed it started the series recording with the next scheduled episode rather then deleting the request. - it is a PITA to have to manually find the next episode and then select record.
Exactly, I can remember raising this point some years ago, the Series ID information is held by the Humax but doesn't seem capable of using it without, as you say, locating 'Next Weeks' entry in the EPG

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/series-recording-request.1013/

Another problem: I was about to unleash flatten on HDR3, and realised I need to protect a load of folders from being flattened first - but until flatten is installed, there is not that option through the WebIF (there's a hole in my bucket...).

Okay, so I can use FTP or whatever to insert the .noflatten flag into the target folders manually, but I don't think the user should have to jump through such hoops. If we don't want to enable the WebIF flatten support unless the package is installed, an alternative is to have a flatten enable/disable (defaulting to disabled) setting in the settings page.

Another problem: I was about to unleash flatten on HDR3, and realised I need to protect a load of folders from being flattened first - but until flatten is installed, there is not that option through the WebIF (there's a hole in my bucket...).

Okay, so I can use FTP or whatever to insert the .noflatten flag into the target folders manually, but I don't think the user should have to jump through such hoops. If we don't want to enable the WebIF flatten support unless the package is installed, an alternative is to have a flatten enable/disable (defaulting to disabled) setting in the settings page.

Flatten runs as part of Auto which is scheduled for 5, 25, 45 minutes past the hour so with careful timing you have a 20 minute window in which to set your noflatten flags but this is something that a new user is unlikely to know and a settings option would be better

Back