[webif] Web Interface 1.2.x

It's for people using the box remotely, with idle shutdown enabled (!), to have some idea of when they need to inject a virtual handset command to keep the box awake.

Feature suggestion/request:

As it now seems possible to force an entry into the DLNA index for the fast decryption process, how about an OPT+ item to force indexing of a specific unindexed recording in the WebIF?

The entry that's forced in is temporary and gets overwritten by the real database entry at some point. There are locking issues with adding a permanent entry and more research would be necessary to get all of the fields right. The temporary is good enough to start a DLNA stream and even if the database entry is subsequently overwritten the download continues to completion.

It's automatic. The background decryption process will create a fake DLNA entry in order to decrypt a recording which has not yet been indexed.

Acquire a DLNA URL and then pass that to wget. The key piece of information is the numerical reference used internally, which shows up as <number>.TS.

So how do you start strea
Acquire a DLNA URL and then pass that to wget. The key piece of information is the numerical reference used internally, which shows up as <number>.TS.
Thanks for that but I think it probably is above my level. I have not worked with wget and I don't know how to aquire a dlna url.

The DLNA URL is visible in the pop-up window that appears when you click on a recording in the web interface but that is only for recordings which have been indexed.
What is it that you want to be able to do?

The temporary is good enough to start a DLNA stream and even if the database entry is subsequently overwritten the download continues to completion.

based on your reply, I thought that I could watch via either t2 number 1 media/blue button/network or through a computer a recording from t2 number 2 which has started say 30 min ago but is only finishing in an hour.

based on your reply, I thought that I could watch via either t2 number 1 media/blue button/network or through a computer a recording from t2 number 2 which has started say 30 min ago but is only finishing in an hour.
That should be possible - for example detectads uses this technique to at least start decrypting a programme whilst it is still being recorded.
At the moment however, there is no easy way to do what you want as it would need a way of you being able to trigger a fake index for the recording you are interested in and then you should be able to start watching it. It's something that I could look at adding to the web interface though.

You can start watching programs that are still being recorded via DLNA BUT the length of the program is limited to the current length of program at the time you start retrieving it, So if you start watching a program after 30 minutes you will only see the first 30 minutes and not the additional 30 minutes that has accumulated whilst you watched the first 30 minutes.

This is why I had to create chaseget for use in detectads which repeatedly uses curl to retrieve the next available section of the recording and stitches them back together.

You can watch the cropped output from detectads whilst it is still being recorded but you need to use file sharing rather than DLNA since it doesn't appear to suffer the same restrictions on the length.

You can watch the cropped output from detectads whilst it is still being recorded but you need to use file sharing rather than DLNA since it doesn't appear to suffer the same restrictions on the length.
I suppose that makes sense since that's effectively how chase play works - the underlying file keeps growing.

That should be possible - for example detectads uses this technique to at least start decrypting a programme whilst it is still being recorded.
At the moment however, there is no easy way to do what you want as it would need a way of you being able to trigger a fake index for the recording you are interested in and then you should be able to start watching it. It's something that I could look at adding to the web interface though.
Thanks to you both. I saw the comments earlier and assumed that it was in its nearly completed phase.

About the cropped output of detectads: say program on bbc/itv starts being recorded at 9. at 9.01 I could go in webif and find the file go to detectads process the file, I assume it's an option on opt+ I haven't kept uptodate with detectads, and then using file sharing, I assume it's samba, start watching on a computer . would that work?

Thanks to you both. I saw the comments earlier and assumed that it was in its nearly completed phase.

About the cropped output of detectads: say program on bbc/itv starts being recorded at 9. at 9.01 I could go in webif and find the file go to detectads process the file, I assume it's an option on opt+ I haven't kept uptodate with detectads, and then using file sharing, I assume it's samba, start watching on a computer . would that work?

Almost, DetectAds doesn't start processing until 5 minutes into a recording, and there is a further delay checking for the end of ad breaks so you would have to curb your impatience for a few minutes before watching,
By default BBC programs are excluded from automatic DetectAds processing but they can be selected in the browse opt+ menu, choose the Run Analysis in Background option

Back