[webif] Web Interface version 1.0.13 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was also a problem with Firefox, but it just needed refreshing
OK ... :confused: When the Diag page first appeared blank after the update, I refreshed the page lots of times, then closed IE8 and re-opened - but page was still blank - is there something else I should try?

It probably is just an IE problem, I only have IE6 (which I never use), the diagnostics page does display in full with that, (although it looks a bit strange), apart from trying a refresh (F5), I'm afraid I can't help

If you go into the package screen and update the list of packages from the Internet it should fix it.

If you go into the package screen and update the list of packages from the Internet it should fix it.
It has! Thank you very much.

Diagnostics page is fairly important to function which is why I reported it. There are other not-so-important glitches noticeable in IE8:
the thumbnails in the Media Details panel are upside down, and
the .log files show as one continuous stream of text and not in the individual chronological lines format.

These are not vital so don't have to be fixed, but just so you know :)

Version 1.0.15-1 has bookmark management. Give it a go and let me know how it works. I've also added an option to invert the cropping function based on the bookmarks.
I had my first play with this today, with a view to being able to quickly adjust and review bookmark positions (potentially the output from the proposed ad break detector). The first (not unexpected) disappointment was that the bookmarks can't be adjusted while the file is live - any way around that?

The main problem was that I couldn't get adjustments to "take". Clicking "save" produced a "saved successfully" message, but running the recording again showed the un-updated bookmarks. As I was playing the recording via USB mount I wondered whether the remote access was not refreshing the local view of the .hmt, but reloading the recording into the bookmark editor GUI showed the old bookmarks again. What am I doing wrong, as I am sure somebody would have reported this if it was basic fault by now?

I think you need to go up a folder in the onTV interface then back into it otherwise the Humax software does some caching. This was reported somewhere by someone else (will fix later as am out and about).

There is something weirder going on than that. I could not get the iPad or the USB mount to show the new bookmark settings, but when I went to the HDR-FOX and played the recording sure enough the bookmarks had updated - and then the USB mount and the iPad showed them updated too.

I then modified another file, "successful", and could not get the updated bookmarks on anything at all (including a PC browser). On a third try, the updated bookmarks showed on the iPad but nothing else at all, even after the HDR-FOX was rebooted (when the iPad went back to showing the previous bookmarks).

The conclusion appears to be that there is some caching going on, but also the "successful" message isn't always true. I have not so far worked out to what extent the HD-FOX is caching, because of the confusion between effects.

I'll do some more investigation at some point, and use the hmt utility to check what is really going on.

The main problem was that I couldn't get adjustments to "take"

As af says, that's likely caused by a mix of webif with on-TV GUI, because I 've been adding/moving bookmarks only via webif and viewing only via Samba/VLC - and the new bookmarks function has been working perfectly.

Incidentally... I have long wanted to be able to alter bookmarks via webif, but in a strange twist of fate, the eventual implementation of this feature arrived in a very timely manner - just the week after our big TV died.
Interesting to discover that, with CF, you can use a Humax HDR quite sucessfully without a TV at all! :) Except for placing bookmarks and the on-TV Menu options.

Then, ta da, along came webif bookmarks. Very timely indeed. Thank you very muchly. Works brilliantly in conjunction with ARBookmarks.
One less thing to need the actual TV for ;) ... Although some kind of replacement TV will have to be found ... Watching World Cup football on 7, 10 or 15 inch screens isn't ideal :rolleyes:

I've also added an option to invert the cropping function based on the bookmarks.

Thanks for adding that option, it's something I've often thought would be useful. I've tried it in Firefox and it works great. However, it doesn't seem to work in Internet Explorer 11 - "Invert Selection" shows as a square grey button rather than the normal rounded orange style, and does nothing when clicked.

Invert_Button.jpg

I'm running:

Web interface version: 1.0.15-3 (Lighttpd)
Custom firmware version: 2.23 (build 2035)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)

Edit: Just noticed today this has been fixed in 1.0.15-6, thanks!

Af123, would it be possible to add the channel icon to the other icons that appear after the file name in webif media view?. I record and archive quite a few films & dramas and this option would make it much easier to assess if a better quality recording is available in the schedule. I am thinking in terms a of Ch4 over Film4 or ITV1 over ITV3 not HD over SD which is already available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I note that the drop-down banner, at the top of the WebIF pages, shows "decrypting" as a current status, but it does not show a similar status for when a file is being auto-shrunk.

Any chance of adding that, please?

thanks much...

Af123, would it be possible to add the channel icon to the other icons that appear after the file name in webif media view?. I record and archive quite a few films & dramas and this option would make it much easier to assess if a better quality recording is available in the schedule. I am thinking in terms a of Ch4 over Film4 or ITV1 over ITV3 not HD over SD which is already available.
This will be in the next release.

AF123, would it be possible to have two views of the installed packages page? (Possibly simple and advanced?) It would be good to be able to see at a glance which packages can be removed without problems and which are core ones or have dependencies.

Af123, thank you for implementing the channel icons, however there seems to be a bit of a glitch.

The icons show as question marks, and the path for the icon gives a 404 file not found error. I have tried several browsers on iOS and windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Af123, thank you for implementing the channel icons, however there seems to be a bit of a glitch.

The icons show as question marks, and the path for the icon gives a 404 file not found error. I have tried several browsers on iOS and windows.
If you click on the recording, does the channel icon appear properly in the popup window?

Quite correct Brian. I just checked the path and the icon is itv.png. I think I am a few revamps behind.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back