[webif] Web Interface version 1.2.1 released

webif 1.2.1-8.. will re-package as 1.2.2 if all ok!

Code:
- Set system clock early in the boot process to prevent log entries from
  showing a date of 01/01/2000 or 01/01/1973;
- Automatic rotation of log files (size and number to keep configurable in
  Advanced Settings);
- More consistency in log files (work in progress);
- New 'activity' log file (replaces previous 'record' log);
- Last boot reason shown at bottom of main menu screen;
- New reboot/restart framework. Fewer confirmations, warning about failure
  to reboot only shown when appropriate, less intrusive notification, show
  upcoming events;
- Reset unwatched recording flag following dedup.

I don't know if it's relevant (I'm a non-techy user!) but this morning using the WebIF over local network only not internet, after scheduling some new recordings, I did not get the usual Restart is Required message, and there's not an option on that screen - checked the WebIF using the internet connection and Schedule Reboot is there and it worked fine as usual. Should there be a Schedule Reboot on the Local Network only screen ?

Addendum to that - just unscheduled an unwanted recording using WebIF over the internet and the Schedule Reboot button at the top of the screen did not work, but the one at the bottom of the Scheduled List did. Cheers

Hi af123 - yes you are right - cleared browsing cache and it worked with smaller button as described in the notes - looks good. Will this be true for the Addendum note above ?

We seem to be experiencing quite a number of problems that are resolved by clearing the browser cache which forum regulars can quickly diagnose but I expect the majority of users do not follow these forums and may struggle to resolve the display issues.

Would it be possible to ensure that the cache is automatically invalidated when packages affecting page displays are updated?
I am not an expert in web design but this article suggests one technique to force the browser to invalidate the cache http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9131037/how-to-invalidate-web-browser-cache-content

I am not an expert in web design but this article suggests one technique to force the browser to invalidate the cache http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9131037/how-to-invalidate-web-browser-cache-content
That would be nice, and I'm not saying it shouldn't be done if possible (and within specification), but...
I expect the majority of users do not follow these forums and may struggle to resolve the display issues.
That's their problem. If people want to freeload enthusiast code without contributing or even monitoring the forum, their best bet is not to update a working system.

We seem to be experiencing quite a number of problems that are resolved by clearing the browser cache which forum regulars can quickly diagnose but I expect the majority of users do not follow these forums and may struggle to resolve the display issues.

Would it be possible to ensure that the cache is automatically invalidated when packages affecting page displays are updated?
I completely agree and it's on my list of things to look at. Adding a string to the query parameter of URLs as suggested by that article is a common technique but it can stop the browser from doing any caching at all.
The web server supports Etag so caching should be working properly but something isn't right so I need to look into it.

- Reset unwatched recording flag following dedup.

This still doesn't seem to be working. I had one exarmple of a brocken file in a folder preventing it resetting but I managed to remove this.
But I still think this is not working. I will check as other recordings come in.

It would also make sense if you have Undelete installed to move dup's to the dusbin.

Thanks again. :)

I don't know if it's relevant (I'm a non-techy user!) but this morning using the WebIF over local network only not internet, after scheduling some new recordings, I did not get the usual Restart is Required message, and there's not an option on that screen - checked the WebIF using the internet connection and Schedule Reboot is there and it worked fine as usual. Should there be a Schedule Reboot on the Local Network only screen ?

I'm not getting the Restart message either, been like this for a few days now and I have cleared the browser (Firefox) cache a number of times.

I'm not getting the Restart message either, been like this for a few days now and I have cleared the browser (Firefox) cache a number of times.

I do see the Restart message it is smaller and less intrusive than before positioned next to the usage chart but still very visible.

I see the restart prompt immediately after scheduling an event on the EPG pages but it disappears if I switch to another page such as the Schedule page.

Perhaps the Restart message should stay visible at all times there are pending events (and Humax is not busy so a reboot is possible),
alternatively it would be quite useful to have a 'Reboot now' button at the bottom of the Pending Scheduled Events box.

That's pretty much what I asked for, and had assumed was provided in the recent update. Previously it only appeared on the Schedule browser (does it not)?

I'm not sure that explains its absence for ian_j though.

This is what I see (#94) . . . Just scheduled 4 items and still no restart required button (#96)
There seems to be something else wrong on your Humax, Your Pending Scheduled Events are not displaying a Start Time, example HERE

Last edited:
Back