[webif] Web interface

You can make your own mind up on that since you're always so sure of everything else.
Everyone's sure of their own opinions, but I bow to you, the GREAT BYT who inspired the BYTs for the benefit of us mere followers in their footsteps.

The join function doesn't seem to be working very well. I tried sticking the two parts of North Sea Hijack together, it seems to have done it but showed no progress in the bar until I refreshed the page, didn't go back to the media list when clicked, and named the file "North.ts" when I asked for "North Sea Hijack".

Update: tried another and it behaved as expected (not sure about the naming, it was one word). Took an age to clock up to 100%, when it arrived there was a completion report. Tried the North Sea Hijack again, and the same thing happened as before. No progress until (after a while) I refreshed the screen, at which it was 100% with no progress report, and a resulting file called "North" the right size. Checked it over and it plays fine, seems to be complete.

In another situation I tried to cut&paste a .mp4 into a folder, and it refused to move.

I've just uploaded version 0.9.14. This largely rolls up the changes which have been incrementally introduced in the 0.9.13-X series but does include upgrades to the javascript library components which should make things feel a bit snappier..
0.9.14 (8/10/2012)

• Upgrade javascript library to JQuery 1.8.2;
  • Upgrade to JQuery UI 1.8.24 + internal restructuring of files;
  • Provide JQuery Mobile 1.2.0;
  • Trap and skip errors in web interface plugins (rather than just stopping);
  • Avoid runtime error in package management with no connectivity;
  • Add basic viewer for backed-up schedules;
  • Don't reload package management screen following every operation;
  • Default to Installed tab in package management;
  • Improve recording file in-use check;
  • When performing operations on a group of recording files, use only expected suffixes. That is it no longer operates on recording_name.* but rather recording_name.ts, recording_name.hmt, ...;
  • Automatic background tasks now check for at least 10% free disk space before proceeding;
  • Add Paste to Folder option.

Minor thing: in media browser, when a folder is empty, the path listing at the top shows "0iB". As the content normally ranks in GiB, I suspect smaller sizes would show as MiB or KiB.

I recommend getting rid of the "i" completely.

Minor thing: in media browser, when a folder is empty, the path listing at the top shows "0iB". As the content normally ranks in GiB, I suspect smaller sizes would show as MiB or KiB.

I recommend getting rid of the "i" completely.
Indeed, thanks - it shouldn't be there for the bytes case. I'm not removing it for the other units though.

MiB? Even GiB is not conventional, but that's your choice.
Why do you say that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

It has been accepted for use by all major standards organizations...The mebi- prefix was defined by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in December 1998. Its use (and related units) is presently endorsed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the International Committee for Weights and Measures (CIPM) in contexts where use of a binary prefix makes sense

First time I've heard of that! :eek:

Unless I've gone selectively blind, it does not seem to be in common use - the standards organisations may have rationalised binary versions of kilo, mega, and giga, but in all my time the organisations I've worked for distinguished 1000 from 1024 by "k" or "K", and the interpretation of M or G by context.

Fair enough then.

It isn't widely used (but it should be). It does nicely resolve the ambiguity regarding whether I'm using powers of 2 or 10; MiB is always 2^20 but until people start using it more widely MB will always be ambiguous.

A mistake I commonly come across is use of "b" for "byte" instead of "bit".

(I updated my post while you were replying, by the way)

Hi everyone, I've recently installed the custom firmware for my hdr-fox t2 - my sincere thanks to all who have contributed to the project. I have one question which I see has been mentioned earlier in this thread but I cannot find a fix, if there is one. Downloading a recording to the PC using Opt+ / Download only works if the recording is decrypted in place first. This is using IE8. If I try to download an encrypted file, whether SD or HD it just hangs at 0% completed / 'getting file information'. I have 'Content Share' set to on and auto-unprotect loaded. I know it's an IE8 problem but I just wondered if anyone has found a fix.

No, I certainly don't want an encrypted file - my understanding is that the recording will be decrypted on downloading

Back