Everything you need to know is here: Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)
Why? Fixdisk doesn't have a track record of trashing anything that isn't already trashed.
...is an odd one. If the file is corrupted or deleted, then that smacks of disk problems. You should run a long SMART test as part of the fixdisk process.
It's worth installing CF 3.14 (via the custom-firmware-hdr package or USB stick) or the fix-disk package first - you can then do the SMART...
This is now fixed as I suggested previously. You will need to install (or upgrade if already installed) the fix-disk package from the repository so that you have version 0.7
When running fixdisk instead of displaying Pass1 (or 2 etc.) and the "percentage" complete for that pass the front panel display now displays just "hmx_int_stor" for each Pass.
Could that changed have been triggered by the new CF or has there been an update to fixdisk fairly recently which is...
...T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.10 ] short - Run short hard-disk self test.
long - Run long hard-disk self test.
check - Check self-test progress.
fixdisk - Check and repair hard disk.
gptf - Re-format disk using GPT scheme.
reprog - Update the Custom Firmware
epg - Clear persistent EPG data.
dlna -...
So, fixdisk has been running for 2 days now. This morning when I reconnected, it was cycling and the numbers were changing:
Error at LBA 1384207668
/dev/sda:
re-writing sector...
...that I found Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (Wi-Fi) >> IP Address into the browser.
Somehow it all connected up and I had the Telnet menu so I've worked from there. (There's so much magic here!)
It's still running fixdisk... Glad I'm out most of today :laugh:
Thank you both @Black Hole & @prpr.
I managed to get into the telnet menu and I'm currently running fixdisk which found something wrong in the short test and has now started the long disk self test. I may not be awake when it completes, so watch this space in the morning.
Menu version 1.23...
Hi everyone,
I think the answer is no, but I’m hoping.
On the Foxsat, if you leave/kicked out of a telnet session while running Fixdisk, can you reconnect as with the T2.
If not how can you tell when it’s done?
Thanks
Mention of CF 3.14 betas started as far back as 2020 that I'm aware of. Is it ever going to become a released version?
This would be very useful. When I had to run a long SMART test on my Aunt's box (because a short SMART test wasn't finding the bad block she had) I had to arrange with her a...
...-n "$fwloc"
exit 0
else
echo "Cancelled."
@@ -423,18 +424,23 @@
mmode_menu()
{
- if [ "$model" = HDR ]; then
- item fixdisk "Check and repair hard disk."
+ if [ -n "$disk" ]; then
item short "Run short hard-disk self test."
item long "Run long hard-disk self test."...
...a long SMART test while the machine is in normal use (because it takes ***ing ages) and then being able to boot to maintenance mode to run fixdisk with the appropriate parameters to allow it to skip the short test and use the results from the just completed long test (typically "-s -r -y" for...
Another fixdisk run took many hours and ended apparently successfully, but the drive remained read-only. I tried reformatting from the Humax menu but it refused to do it with a "capacity too large" error. I've searched for filesystem remaking but couldn't find the command you mention. Is it...
Well it won't as it's read-only. This is a good thing for the health of your existing recordings.
A wise move.
You shouldn't need to fixdisk after format, but Humax made a hash of the formatter, so you probably do, or use the manual command as I referred to previously, in which case you won't...
...I'm viewing. So I'm leaving bad alone until it finishes copying my recordings to external drive, which is likely to be overnight. After that I'll reformat the drive and fixdisk it until the errors goaway. If they don't, I'll give up on the drive and try to find someone who can fit a...
As usual, the question that needs answering now is "What do the SMART stats. say?".
Re-run fixdisk until you get a run with no errors. If this doesn't happen then the filesystem needs re-making (AKA formatting - the relevant command has been posted many times).
Backing up is obviously a good...
That's not rash, that would be the normal course of action. fix-disk does not have a history of trashing anything that wasn't already trashed.
What does the end of the fix-disk log say? IIRC errorlevel 0 is normal completion.
That is weird. One way around it, if it happened again, could be...
...action. What I should have done is try to copy off recordings via ftp or telnet. Instead, I rashly went into maintenance mode and ran fixdisk, which took several hours and completed with errorlevel 0.
I'm afraid to exit maintenance mode and reboot because the previous time this happened...
Everything you need to know is here: Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)
Why? Fixdisk doesn't have a track record of trashing anything that isn't already trashed.
...is an odd one. If the file is corrupted or deleted, then that smacks of disk problems. You should run a long SMART test as part of the fixdisk process.
It's worth installing CF 3.14 (via the custom-firmware-hdr package or USB stick) or the fix-disk package first - you can then do the SMART...
This is now fixed as I suggested previously. You will need to install (or upgrade if already installed) the fix-disk package from the repository so that you have version 0.7
When running fixdisk instead of displaying Pass1 (or 2 etc.) and the "percentage" complete for that pass the front panel display now displays just "hmx_int_stor" for each Pass.
Could that changed have been triggered by the new CF or has there been an update to fixdisk fairly recently which is...
...T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.10 ] short - Run short hard-disk self test.
long - Run long hard-disk self test.
check - Check self-test progress.
fixdisk - Check and repair hard disk.
gptf - Re-format disk using GPT scheme.
reprog - Update the Custom Firmware
epg - Clear persistent EPG data.
dlna -...
So, fixdisk has been running for 2 days now. This morning when I reconnected, it was cycling and the numbers were changing:
Error at LBA 1384207668
/dev/sda:
re-writing sector...
...that I found Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (Wi-Fi) >> IP Address into the browser.
Somehow it all connected up and I had the Telnet menu so I've worked from there. (There's so much magic here!)
It's still running fixdisk... Glad I'm out most of today :laugh:
Thank you both @Black Hole & @prpr.
I managed to get into the telnet menu and I'm currently running fixdisk which found something wrong in the short test and has now started the long disk self test. I may not be awake when it completes, so watch this space in the morning.
Menu version 1.23...
Hi everyone,
I think the answer is no, but I’m hoping.
On the Foxsat, if you leave/kicked out of a telnet session while running Fixdisk, can you reconnect as with the T2.
If not how can you tell when it’s done?
Thanks
Mention of CF 3.14 betas started as far back as 2020 that I'm aware of. Is it ever going to become a released version?
This would be very useful. When I had to run a long SMART test on my Aunt's box (because a short SMART test wasn't finding the bad block she had) I had to arrange with her a...
...-n "$fwloc"
exit 0
else
echo "Cancelled."
@@ -423,18 +424,23 @@
mmode_menu()
{
- if [ "$model" = HDR ]; then
- item fixdisk "Check and repair hard disk."
+ if [ -n "$disk" ]; then
item short "Run short hard-disk self test."
item long "Run long hard-disk self test."...
...a long SMART test while the machine is in normal use (because it takes ***ing ages) and then being able to boot to maintenance mode to run fixdisk with the appropriate parameters to allow it to skip the short test and use the results from the just completed long test (typically "-s -r -y" for...
Another fixdisk run took many hours and ended apparently successfully, but the drive remained read-only. I tried reformatting from the Humax menu but it refused to do it with a "capacity too large" error. I've searched for filesystem remaking but couldn't find the command you mention. Is it...
Well it won't as it's read-only. This is a good thing for the health of your existing recordings.
A wise move.
You shouldn't need to fixdisk after format, but Humax made a hash of the formatter, so you probably do, or use the manual command as I referred to previously, in which case you won't...
...I'm viewing. So I'm leaving bad alone until it finishes copying my recordings to external drive, which is likely to be overnight. After that I'll reformat the drive and fixdisk it until the errors goaway. If they don't, I'll give up on the drive and try to find someone who can fit a...
As usual, the question that needs answering now is "What do the SMART stats. say?".
Re-run fixdisk until you get a run with no errors. If this doesn't happen then the filesystem needs re-making (AKA formatting - the relevant command has been posted many times).
Backing up is obviously a good...
That's not rash, that would be the normal course of action. fix-disk does not have a history of trashing anything that wasn't already trashed.
What does the end of the fix-disk log say? IIRC errorlevel 0 is normal completion.
That is weird. One way around it, if it happened again, could be...
...action. What I should have done is try to copy off recordings via ftp or telnet. Instead, I rashly went into maintenance mode and ran fixdisk, which took several hours and completed with errorlevel 0.
I'm afraid to exit maintenance mode and reboot because the previous time this happened...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.