It was a little more than blind luck. But hey.
That's not a bad idea. But as this is a niche issue, I'm not sure it'll be worth it. Anyone wishing to download these large files and require fixup are probably better off using a pc or laptop.
That's also not a bad idea. But there is the small...
...Mode, with settop not running but the HDD still online and WebIF operational. That will free up maximum resources, similar to running fixdisk – especially if unnecessary WebIF background processes are also suspended. I guess youtube-dl can be run on the command line in Maintenance Mode...
Have I got myself confused.
Does the 0 mean fix disk was all good, or a problem?
Just scanned my dad’s box after it reported a 1 sector pending and off line
...HDD can result in system retries which are not limited in priority. That's why we are continually advising people to check SMART and run fixdisk.
Crashing on specific services is not a CF thing, and any correlation you think you've found between CF/SF and crashing/not crashing is an...
...only way out is to switch the unit off at the back and then on again.
I'm using custom firmware 3.13 and I have tried it with the previous HDD (WD) and the new one (Seagate). Both HDDs have had fixdisk -l and have nothing sinister on the diagnostics as far as I can tell.
Any ideas anyone...
Thanks very much. I have rebooted a few times since renaming that file, plus I've run a long fixdisk and then reinstalled the webif, so I guess that should have overcome the duff bit of disk.
That seemed to work thanks.
I also had fixdisk running all day and half the night with -l -y -d -x -c options.
So now I ought to have confidence that things will be better :)
It seems more stable so far...
Thanks to everyone who helped or tried to help me.
hello, I'm struggling a bit with a bad block detected on my disk by fixdisk.
I did buy a new disk (Seagate Skithawk 2TB) same size as the existing WB one but I have had troubles with that too
when browsing the Media on the Humax. So I'm trying to get around the original error on the old disk...
...the channel list is found to be messed up at boot time then it would seem appropriate to invoke the startup wizard, no?
Have you performed a fixdisk on your drive? If not then I'd suggest doing so, and if any errors are reported then at least you'll know that your drive is beginning to...
...away for a week, and so missed several recordings. This spurred me into action ...
I had a few reallocated sectors on my HDD, so did another fixdisk where it found a few more (now 16 in total). I also tried a System Flush while I was at it, then reconfigured everything. One point of note is...
Before you attempted fixdisk were you able to access the disk in normal use, i.e. play existing recordings, make new recordings
What does webif->Diagnostics->Disk Diagnostics show
Hi all,
Have two old HDR Fox T2 that I've run fixdisk on. They both connect via HMDI to the TV and I get the tv channels, so thats good.
Wondering if these are just a try a new HDD or, for #1 anything else to try first? Am assuming for #2,the HDD is completely dead, unless there is some other...
...least 2 T2s that I think need new HDD so swapsy.... :) at least to see if that fixes their current problems
(will do a separate post on the fixdisk results to see what everyone thinks)
(the T2 I've just bought a 2TB HDD for is currently an hour and a half into a long test! It didn't get to...
...storage must be formatted to use recording functions. Press OK to go to data storage menu"
I’ve installed CF 1.03.12_mod_3.13 and have run fixdisk but am not having any success.
(I have not installed WebIF and have not -as yet- used it. I just never got round to it).
So, time to upgrade the...
Thanks Black Hole. I read through that and ran fixdisk as this seems easy to do. Looking at the logs its fixed a number of orphaned inodes but everything else seems to be in order.
However it still has the problem. Does this mean duff capacitor do you think? I don't think I have the skill to...
My HDR Fox T2 ground almost to a halt so I ran fixdisk and it found a corrupt block in queue.db. Do I need to do anything to recover fully ie will customised firmware now be not doing some processing eg. auto decrypt? Error given for the file was:
The following file contains a corrupt block and...
No. He pasted the copied output back as input (with fairly predictable results)...
That's good then.
Interesting. That installation timestamp corresponds to Sunday, 5 February 2012 07:19:30.
Note the lack of Description line, which is what's screwing up the (current) WebIf.
Now, knowing...
It was a little more than blind luck. But hey.
That's not a bad idea. But as this is a niche issue, I'm not sure it'll be worth it. Anyone wishing to download these large files and require fixup are probably better off using a pc or laptop.
That's also not a bad idea. But there is the small...
...Mode, with settop not running but the HDD still online and WebIF operational. That will free up maximum resources, similar to running fixdisk – especially if unnecessary WebIF background processes are also suspended. I guess youtube-dl can be run on the command line in Maintenance Mode...
Have I got myself confused.
Does the 0 mean fix disk was all good, or a problem?
Just scanned my dad’s box after it reported a 1 sector pending and off line
...HDD can result in system retries which are not limited in priority. That's why we are continually advising people to check SMART and run fixdisk.
Crashing on specific services is not a CF thing, and any correlation you think you've found between CF/SF and crashing/not crashing is an...
...only way out is to switch the unit off at the back and then on again.
I'm using custom firmware 3.13 and I have tried it with the previous HDD (WD) and the new one (Seagate). Both HDDs have had fixdisk -l and have nothing sinister on the diagnostics as far as I can tell.
Any ideas anyone...
Thanks very much. I have rebooted a few times since renaming that file, plus I've run a long fixdisk and then reinstalled the webif, so I guess that should have overcome the duff bit of disk.
That seemed to work thanks.
I also had fixdisk running all day and half the night with -l -y -d -x -c options.
So now I ought to have confidence that things will be better :)
It seems more stable so far...
Thanks to everyone who helped or tried to help me.
hello, I'm struggling a bit with a bad block detected on my disk by fixdisk.
I did buy a new disk (Seagate Skithawk 2TB) same size as the existing WB one but I have had troubles with that too
when browsing the Media on the Humax. So I'm trying to get around the original error on the old disk...
...the channel list is found to be messed up at boot time then it would seem appropriate to invoke the startup wizard, no?
Have you performed a fixdisk on your drive? If not then I'd suggest doing so, and if any errors are reported then at least you'll know that your drive is beginning to...
...away for a week, and so missed several recordings. This spurred me into action ...
I had a few reallocated sectors on my HDD, so did another fixdisk where it found a few more (now 16 in total). I also tried a System Flush while I was at it, then reconfigured everything. One point of note is...
Before you attempted fixdisk were you able to access the disk in normal use, i.e. play existing recordings, make new recordings
What does webif->Diagnostics->Disk Diagnostics show
Hi all,
Have two old HDR Fox T2 that I've run fixdisk on. They both connect via HMDI to the TV and I get the tv channels, so thats good.
Wondering if these are just a try a new HDD or, for #1 anything else to try first? Am assuming for #2,the HDD is completely dead, unless there is some other...
...least 2 T2s that I think need new HDD so swapsy.... :) at least to see if that fixes their current problems
(will do a separate post on the fixdisk results to see what everyone thinks)
(the T2 I've just bought a 2TB HDD for is currently an hour and a half into a long test! It didn't get to...
...storage must be formatted to use recording functions. Press OK to go to data storage menu"
I’ve installed CF 1.03.12_mod_3.13 and have run fixdisk but am not having any success.
(I have not installed WebIF and have not -as yet- used it. I just never got round to it).
So, time to upgrade the...
Thanks Black Hole. I read through that and ran fixdisk as this seems easy to do. Looking at the logs its fixed a number of orphaned inodes but everything else seems to be in order.
However it still has the problem. Does this mean duff capacitor do you think? I don't think I have the skill to...
My HDR Fox T2 ground almost to a halt so I ran fixdisk and it found a corrupt block in queue.db. Do I need to do anything to recover fully ie will customised firmware now be not doing some processing eg. auto decrypt? Error given for the file was:
The following file contains a corrupt block and...
No. He pasted the copied output back as input (with fairly predictable results)...
That's good then.
Interesting. That installation timestamp corresponds to Sunday, 5 February 2012 07:19:30.
Note the lack of Description line, which is what's screwing up the (current) WebIf.
Now, knowing...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.