1100S 'Inactive' Warning

DrMopp

Whilst watching a recording the Humax put out a warning on screen that the box had been 'inacive for more than 3 hours' - it hadn't been inactive at all during that time - and I noticed the indicator light on the front was red, though I was able to continue viewing normally. Switching to a Freesat broadcast made no difference - light red, viewing as normal, switching to standby and back on again made no difference. Only after twice disconnecting/reconnecting the power did the blue light reappear and appears now to work normally - could this be normal behavioour or indicative of a fault?

By default auto power off is selected which shuts down the box after 3hrs with no remote control activity. You can turn off this behaviour in the box settings- power saving options.

It's completely normal and required by EU power saving requirements.

Thanks, did find that option, but why if the box powers down, (or goes into standby) as a result of that setting, does playback continue? I was also able to select the EPG and change to a freesat broadcast all whilst the indicator light was showing red?

Box still seems to work normally, but whilst doing so indicator light turns red-(sometimes) no pwer saving options set, any ideas?

This is whilst watching a freesat channel with no recording going on. Why would it go into standby, and if it did wouldn't that stop the channel being viewed?

A tad confused. The box shuts down after 3hrs of no remote control activity, if the option is enabled (default). If you were playing back a recording it must have been a very long one to not have used the remote control. If you happen to be viewing and see the generated message, pressing any remote control button resets the 3hr timer. If you don't want this behaviour turn it off. Your posts are a bit confusing, but do seem to indicate that is exactly what is happening. Of course if you ignored the warning and let the box power off you wouldn't see anything, but your posts state you used the remote, thus resetting the power off timer.

OK so maybe myposts are confusing becasue they relate to two separate incidents. To be clear, my first post related to an incidence of the box issuing a message on screen that it whad been inactive for 3hrs and would turn off if no activity, whilst playing a recording. The remote was used at that point to stop the box turning off so the 3hr timer would have been reset. I was puzzled that playback continued normally though the indicator light on the front of the box remained red, and that only a cold reboot returned the indicator light to blue.. Following your first reply explaining the default behaviour I turned off power saving.

My post today (#5) refers to the day after the first incident (Sunday) when whilst watching a freesat channel with no recording going on and power saving turned off I noticed the indicator light was again red, though on this occasion without any intervention on my part turned blue after some (short but can't be exact) time.

Thanks for your patience if you read this!

OK so maybe myposts are confusing becasue they relate to two separate incidents. To be clear, my first post related to an incidence of the box issuing a message on screen that it whad been inactive for 3hrs and would turn off if no activity, whilst playing a recording. The remote was used at that point to stop the box turning off so the 3hr timer would have been reset. I was puzzled that playback continued normally though the indicator light on the front of the box remained red, and that only a cold reboot returned the indicator light to blue.. Following your first reply explaining the default behaviour I turned off power saving.

My post today (#5) refers to the day after the first incident (Sunday) when whilst watching a freesat channel with no recording going on and power saving turned off I noticed the indicator light was again red, though on this occasion without any intervention on my part turned blue after some (short but can't be exact) time.

Thanks for your patience if you read this!

I don't have the 1100S rather the 1000S which shares the same software but has a proper display, so have never seen the vagaries of the coloured indicator lights. I have seen other posts though that say similar. Basically if you see the video it must be on.

Just to be clear the option you turned off is Automatic Power Down in the System Settings - Power Save screen ?

I have a 1010 but that only shows red or off on the indicator (on the button) but it has the display, like Graham's I assume.
This sounds to me a bit like the indicator ring on the Humax Freeview boxes which occasionally show the wrong colour for the state they are actually in. No reason is know, it just seems to be a weakness or bug in the code that sometimes gets it wrong.

Back