1800T lines down screen/interference?

Sunfrancks

Hello all, first post and looking for help.

Just got our HDR1800T yesterday, as a replacement for our old LG unit. Got it all set up via a scart lead into our crt tv and was working with a perfect picture yesterday.

Turned it on this morning and we now have intermittent lines across and down the screen that looks like snow. The menu/guide is perfectly clear, but the actual channel picture is showing it.

My first thought was the scart cable, but this would also affect the menu/guide, correct? So, could it be interference from outside or a signal problem? Tried a few different ariels, but they're all the same.

Not sure where to go from here. All works fine on our old LG unit, which we now use as a dvd player, so it's a bit weird..

but this would also affect the menu/guide, correct?
Absolutely.
Tried a few different ariels
How do you mean? Different aerial leads rather than aerials?

I assume you are using this a means to tune digital TV with an analogue-only TV.

There shouldn't be any kind of snow-type interference so typical of analogue TV with a poor signal - with a digital signal, the picture is either excellent or non-existent (with a few glitches rather than snow when it's just on the verge). We call it the "cliff edge" effect. I can't think of anything to account for your report.

Turned it on this morning and we now have intermittent lines across and down the screen that looks like snow. The menu/guide is perfectly clear, but the actual channel picture is showing it.
Please could you tell us the signal strength and quality reported by the Humax on a problematic channel (Menu button>Settings>System>Signal detection)?

Absolutely.

How do you mean? Different aerial leads rather than aerials?

I assume you are using this a means to tune digital TV with an analogue-only TV.

There shouldn't be any kind of snow-type interference so typical of analogue TV with a poor signal - with a digital signal, the picture is either excellent or non-existent (with a few glitches rather than snow when it's just on the verge). We call it the "cliff edge" effect. I can't think of anything to account for your report.

I have three different aerials, 1 is use for our main TV in the lounge,1 for the bedroom and the other is a spare. I tried all three and had the same result.

Yes, the freeview box is going into an older analogue TV via a scart lead.

It was a perfect picture for the whole of yesterday, but as from this morning we now have the lines on the screen. Our old LG freeview box is still working fine when using the same aerial.

Please could you tell us the signal strength and quality reported by the Humax on a problematic channel (Menu button>Settings>System>Signal detection)?

Certainly, quality is @ 100% and strength is above 70%.

Not a fantastic picture, but i have included one for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_164848.jpg
    IMG_20200524_164848.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 17
I can't fathom that. It appears to me that something has gone wrong with the analogue conversion from digital video on the way out of the Humax.
Not sure where to go from here.
A complete power-off-at-the-mains reset, and if that doesn't cure it a return to the supplier for replacement. Ditto if the problem comes back.

Not a fantastic picture, but i have included one for reference.
That picture looks to me like the digital data is getting written onto the analogue image.
It's a long shot but could it be cross interference between leads or suchlike?
Perhaps worth moving some stuff around anyway before sending it back.

Back